Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince - 1980s albums

Options
  • 01-04-2006 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

Quite possibly the most impressive and consistent run of albums ever.

What's your favourite 1980s Prince LP? 10 votes

Dirty Mind
    0%
    Controversy
    0%
    0%
    Purple Rain
    0%
    Around The World In A Day
    20%
    Chardee MacDennisspacecoyote 2 votes
    Parade
    10%
    tj-music.com 1 vote
    Sign Of The Times
    20%
    Mr. FancypantsPopeleo 2 votes
    The Black Album
    40%
    DagonGordonnlgbbbblthlodgepole 4 votes
    Lovesexy
    10%
    silat liam 1 vote
    Batman
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Parade
    There is not one album from all of his 1980s works that is bad, not one! They are all different and all great in one way or another!

I voted Sign O the Times as it was quite a hefty album with a much wider variety of tracks compared to the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The Black Album
    what tj-music.com said. All great in different ways. I think it started going downhill when Graffitti bridge came along, and I don't think I'm alone in that.

Parade
    Gordon wrote:
    what tj-music.com said. All great in different ways. I think it started going downhill when Graffitti bridge came along, and I don't think I'm alone in that.

That´s true! The film was even worse than the CD although I only really liked "The Question of u" and "Thieves in the temple". I think the two albums I really dislike of Prince are "Come" and "Chaos and disorder".

Great to see him back on form with 3121!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The Black Album
    I'll need to check that out, I was an avid fan until Graffitti bridge, so I haven't even heard of Come or Chaos and disorder.

Parade
    Gordon wrote:
    I'll need to check that out, I was an avid fan until Graffitti bridge, so I haven't even heard of Come or Chaos and disorder.

You´re way better of getting your hands on "Symbol"s "The Gold Experience" which features the hit "The Most Beautiful Girl in the world" or the three-CD album "Emancipation" rather then checking out COME or CHAOS ... trust me on this, you will be disappointed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement