Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice

Options
  • 01-04-2006 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hay guys

I'm just getting into sea fishing & want some advice on on any good spots on the North Dublin coast. Any help would be apreciated

Cheers

Gray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

Sorry - I'm a rover and lake man, can't help you out I'm afraid, I'm sure there's some sea fishers here though ;) Good Luck with the fishin'! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dillon_the_rabb

Hiya Grudge.

I do partake in some sea angling from time to time, mainly during the late autumn to eraly winter on the north Wexford coast for codling. I fish mainly around the Greystones area, as it is eay to get to by car (now the new M50 extension is open) and DART. If you prefer to stick to North Dublin, Howth is definately worth a look. Howth harbour is good for smaller fish and scratching for bites. Loads of pin whiting, dabs, and dogfish. Very good during the summer for mackeral. The better fishing however is around Howth head, and in particular Balscadden. The cliffs can be treacherous, but there are palces that able you to climb a fair way down to a safe and secure mark. Digfish will plague you if you use bottom baits, and during the summer, Mackeral are more than plentiful.

If you want more info, try http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org, it is one of the best websites I have ever seen for sea fishing all over Ireland, with a great list of shore marks that is updated regularly, as well as tons of other info.

Whatever happens, good luck, and remember if you do blank a few times, just keep at it, as you aren't choosing the best time of year to start fishing. It will get better over the next 6-8 weeks, and when the mackeral finally arrive, you'll have a great tim with those!

Tight Lines :D

Matt
    aka
    DTR

Advertisement