Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

quick question

Options
  • 01-04-2006 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

i have my driving test on tuesday and im still ahving a bit of bother reversing around the corner?! any tips? ! i keep one hand on the wheel and the other behind the passenger seat, i was told this is ok to do by my instructor. also is it compulsory to pull up the handbrake at a stop sign in the test, if the sign is not on a hill?
    thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's not compulsary to pull handbrake at Stop sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I was told not to do that hand on the passenger seat thing when I was learning to drive. Just practice your arse off tomorrow around every corner you an find. Try to use your passenger side mirror. They don't expect you to get it within 2 inches of the kerb, but get it parallel and whatever you do, don't hit the kerb. You might not fail for scuffing it however, so don't panic if you do and you see him noting it. You will of course fail if you mount the kerb! I also hated that manouvre when I was a learner, so you're not on your own mate.

Advertisement