Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steve Porter(Fade,Balance USA)Rob Hawk/Richard Brophy Free Event

• 01-04-2006 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

COLLECTIVE-MUSIC Present :

STEVE PORTER(Balance USA,Fade,FDS)
    PORTERHOUSE TOUR 2006

With support from:

Rob Hawk
    Richard Brophy (Test)

V1 Niteclub @ The Vaults,IFSC,Dublin 1
    Bank Holiday Sunday,April 16th

ADMISSION : FREE
    For guaranteed entry email info@collective-music.com for your free tickets.

Doors 10pm till late

The PORTERHOUSE express rolls into town on Sunday April 16th(Bank Holdiday Sunday) as STEVE PORTER makes a welcome return to COLLECTIVE-MUSIC at their home V1 @ THE VAULTS, IFSC,Dublin 1 for a very special one off free event,Yes thats right Free Admission to see a top international Dj.Some might say it couldn't be done but here at Collective-music we like starting trends and thats exactly what we'll be doing right through the summer.We like to look after all our regulars/Customers and what better way to do it than offer you the chance to gain entry to our event(s) for free with this PORTERHOUSE party getting proceedings in full swing with support on the night from Rob Hawk and Richard Brophy(Test).

If you caught his last visit to Collective-music you will know to brace yourselves for an all thrills ride with one of the most exciting US artists doing the rounds on the global dancefloor.With his PORTERHOUSE party voted in the top three parties @ WMC 2005 , STEVE PORTER is set to release his first-ever mix compilation 'PORTERHOUSE' with 26 tracks melded together on 1xCD in his signature genre-defying, pulsating, energetic Porterhouse style. The album merges his DJing and production style with 9 of his own original tracks, further blurring the distinction between DJ and producer into one compelling artist to watch,listen and groove to.

The 'PORTERHOUSE' ideology of "no rules, no borders" to dance music resonates here on the album with an eclectic range of funked-up house beats with a techy-edge, breaks interludes, electro action, techno twists, and sound-clash attitude that blurs the boundaries between musical genres. All this is induced by his own re-edits and mixes that mold his highly individual DJ sets and track selection, as Steve soldiers on in his mission to furiously push his Porterhouse sound.

'PORTERHOUSE' is a unique, personal mix album for Steve. After receiving over 300 tracks for consideration Steve says, "I received so many amazing tracks (thank you labels!) and I entertained any and every piece of music. However, I always had the idea in my head that I wanted to keep the project as in-house as possible and ultimately having a sense of family on the album is the concept that won me over." In completing the album with a whopping 26 tracks, Steve has the innate ability to hone down tracks to make their moments more distinct and he says, "I like to get right to the point when I mix, deliver the goods, and drop into the next record."

The album's music draws upon Steve's close network of talent that comprises a new Porterhouse Regime from the Boston area. These are fresh and exciting young producers whose studio production skills have been honed out of the music media spotlight, and while they might not be the biggest names in the industry (yet), the tracks they produce are played by world class DJs from every continent. Some of these artists include his long-term collaborators; Agent 001 cohort Eli Wilkie, Emjae, and Chris Reavey, as well as emerging artists Bons, Hush, Musky, Aaryn Blain, Chris Micali, Jonathan Hart, and the Island 9 crew. On this strong support network Steve says, "it's a crew that has always supported one another, no matter how dingy the gig." At the end of the night, Porterhouse is all about a party with friends.

In 2005 Steve Porter released his debut artist album 'HOMEGROWN' to much high praise regarding it as the "future of dance music" (BPM MAGAZINE) and as an "infectious new sound that blends elements of funk, techno, retro-electro, trance and progressive house." (INNERPHASENY.COM). After touring extensively across the U.S., Canada, Australia and Europe, Steve settled back in NYC to compile 'PORTERHOUSE' and a separate studio session with Lee Burridge during his NYC residency for Lee's impending '365' album. Steve will now embark on a relentless, non-stop North American, UK & European tour before returning for his annual Porterhouse party at Winter Music Conference 2006.

Steve Porter 'Porterhouse' Tour Dates

January 19 New York City, USA @ Cielo
    Kick off World Album Tour
    January 20 Montreal, Canada @ Stereo
    January 21 Atlanta, USA @ Eleven 50
    January 27 Chicago, USA @ Soundbar
    February 3 Boston, USA @ Avalon
    February 4 Toronto, Canada @ Kool Haus
    February 11 St. Louis, MO @ Ten 14
    February 17 Windsor, Canada @ Boom Boom Room
    February 18 Ottawa, Canada @ Surface
    February 23 Philadelphia, PA @ One 14
    February 24 Denver, USA @ The Church
    February 25 Vancouver, Canada @ Red Room
    March 3 Washington, D.C. @ NATION
    March 5 Madrid, Spain - Space of Sound
    March 10 Amsterdam, Holland - Melkweg
    March 11 Ljubljana, Slovenia - Media Park
    March 22 Miami, FL - Porterhouse WMC
    March 27 Miami, FL - Club Space
    April 7 Toronto - This is London
    April 14 London, England - Turnmills
    April 16 DUBLIN ,IRELAND - THE VAULTS(COLLECTIVE-MUSIC)

www.djsteveporter.com
    www.porterhouse-online.com
    www.faderecords.com

CD Tracklisting

01. Steve Porter & DJ Hush - Carismo (Aaryn Blain Remix)
    02. Nightriders - Showcase #3
    03. Mike Hoska – C4
    04. Steve Porter - Hulkinator
    05. Chop Shop - Jenk
    06. Chris Reavey - SPAC
    07. Island 9 - Request Line
    08. Eli Wilkie - D'Vibin
    09. Steve Porter - Junk In The Trunk
    10. Matt Rowan - Keep Sake
    11. Jake Childs w/ Santiago and Bushido present "Blowing Up My Phone" (Bon Johnson Remix)
    12. Porter & Reavey - Bipolar Express
    13. Emjae - The Limit
    14. Steve Porter - Funk Theory
    15. Jonathan Hart - Chandelier Skies
    16. Chris Micali - Sentient Soul
    17. Chop Shop - Blue Steel
    18. Steve Porter - Dream Machine
    19. Island 9 - Wet Spaghetti
    20. Funk Harmony Park - Funk HP (Steve Porter Fantasy Funk Remix)
    21. Broke **** vs Slumber Party - PH vs Inuendo
    22. Steve Porter - Fountainia
    23. Driven Child - Pulsificate Now
    24. Aaryn Blain - Whip-in It
    25. Agent 001 - Jay Flahtmeiner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

fu*king c*unt.

have a few sets of his and there excellent. Away that weekend though, gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭C-M

fu*king c*unt.

have a few sets of his and there excellent. Away that weekend though, gutted.
    Ah thats a pity, he is a fantastic DJ, and you cant go wrong when it's FREE into the Event to see him, he destoyed the 2006 WMC in Miami last week, one of the best parties there, if you would like a copy of his mix that was aired on Kiss FM last night on John Digweed's Show, drop us a mail to info@collective-music.com and we will post one out to you, the mix is the Business,Quality.
    cm

Fromm Kiss with Joh n Digweed 1/04/2006
    Steve Porter / 1hr Mix / Tracklisting

1. Gaz Nevada - Special Agent Man (Robbie Lee remix) - Mantra Vibes
    2. Chris Micali - 25 - white
    3. May - Higher feat. Marion (DJ Pedro mix) - Club Hit!
    4. Hipp-E - Down On Me - Doubledown Recordings
    5. Lil Devious - Deluxe Theme (DJ Vitamin D rework) - Color Recordings
    6. X One - Treasure To Pleasure (dub) - X-One Recordings
    7. Nightriders - Sneak Peak - white
    8. Cry Sisco - Afrodizziact (Hoxton Whores Dub) - Purple City Records
    Back again with a tasty Hoxton Whores remix
    9. Bionik Phunk - In My Head (ATFC remix) - Prog CIty
    10. DJ Icey - Burn Up - Zone Records
    11. Baobinga & I.D. pres. Big Monster - Get Retro - Fat! Recordings
    12. Soul Of Man - My Low Down Dirty - Finger Lickin Records
    13. The Knife - Pass This On feat. Booka Shade (M.A.N.D.Y remix) - Rabid Records
    14. Steve Porter - Billy Nasty JDJ Medley - white
    15. Tom Real vs Rogue Elements - He's So Hot Right Now - Functional Breaks
    16. Queen vs Cedric Gervais & Second Sun - Another One Bites The Dust - white
    17. Strike - U Sure Do (Eric Smax & Thomas Gold remix) - Fresh Recordings
    18. Plump DJs - Black Jack - Finger Lickin' Records
    19. Todd Terry - Can You Party (Trouble Soup remix) - Anger Music
    20. Xavi Beat, Julio Navas, David Amo - Pressure - Fresco Records
    21. Sissy - I See You (Steve Porter remix) - Global Underground
    22. Over (original mix) - M - white
    23. Girls On Film - Vaporized (Steve Porter club dub) - 2ASides Recordings
    24. Golden Girls - Kinetic (Steve Porter remix) - white
    25. Mike Polo - Gypsy Woman - Warner / disco wax

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Fair play lads on running the free gig with such a big name. Wont be at this one, but will be at yer next ones. Ye've some nice names lined up just like last year.

Terry.

monkeyman wrote:
    Fair play lads on running the free gig with such a big name. Wont be at this one, but will be at yer next ones. Ye've some nice names lined up just like last year.

Terry.
    Thanks very much, if you would like to get on the Guestlist(no tickets left)for this event mail your name to info@collective-music.com R.O.A.R
    CM

• Advertisement
Advertisement