Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA to clamp down on diving....

• 01-04-2006 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭

...by intorducing sensor pads to shins, knees, thighs and torso's of players so when a player is touched a ref will hear a beep in his ear, if a player goes down and he doesn't hear a beep then he obviously dived.

I read about this in the Daily Mail today. Sounds like Blatter has finally lost the plot altogether. This of the logistic problems, can a player set these of by himself or by falling. How does the ref know who got hit, are there different sounds for different players? Sound slike a nightmare. The only answer is video ref.

Just looked for any sign of this on the net and I can't find any....probably another Daily Mail "exclusive"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

sprinkles wrote:
    ...by intorducing sensor pads to shins, knees, thighs and torso's of players so when a player is touched a ref will hear a beep in his ear, if a player goes down and he doesn't hear a beep then he obviously dived.

I read about this in the Daily Mail today. Sounds like Blatter has finally lost the plot altogether. This of the logistic problems, can a player set these of by himself or by falling. How does the ref know who got hit, are there different sounds for different players? Sound slike a nightmare. The only answer is video ref.

Just looked for any sign of this on the net and I can't find any....probably another Daily Mail "exclusive"

What's the date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

What's the date?

ssssshhhhh ;)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

They had one like that on Football Focus this morning. They reckoned players would have to wear yellow arm bands when caught diving or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Lemlin wrote:
    They had one like that on Football Focus this morning. They reckoned players would have to wear yellow arm bands when caught diving or something.

Will they be inflatible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They had one like that on Football Focus this morning

I was impressed by the poker-straight faces of everyone!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Will they be inflatible?

Even if they were, they'd struggle to keep DRogba up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Lemlin wrote:
    Even if they were, they'd struggle to keep DRogba up ;)
    LOL, he blows over in mild wind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Drogba will be wrapped in cotton wool or bubble wrap

Advertisement