Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

KPH - MPH converter????

Options
  • 01-04-2006 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I've bought a '00 Nissan Pulsar VZR Import of course, and the speedometer only goes as far as 180Kph, The car is capable of a lot more so if any of you could tell me how to change it from Kph to Mph it would be great;) .

Even if you could tell me where abouts to go to get it done!
    I'd like a Clock that went to about 240 or 260 Kph.

I know that you can get a 5/8ths converter or somethin aswell...

I hope its possible cause its really annoying only having 180 Kph on the clock!!

Thanks guys

Mickey D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I recommend you replace it with a genuine Bugatti Veyron speedo. It should read up to and over 400km/h. Much more appropriate for your car I should think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

mickVZR wrote:
    Hi,

I've bought a '00 Nissan Pulsar VZR Import of course, and the speedometer only goes as far as 180Kph, The car is capable of a lot more so if any of you could tell me how to change it from Kph to Mph it would be great;) .
    I'd like a Clock that went to about 240 or 260 Kph.

ha! does this car also travel back in time? Its only a F*&kin Pulsar!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

kerbdog wrote:
    ha! does this car also travel back in time? Its only a F*&kin Pulsar!

Please educate yourself on 'VZR'.

OP, check Australian sites.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

mickVZR wrote:
    its really annoying only having 180 Kph on the clock!!

Eh, why? 180kph is about 112mph. On which roads in Ireland do you plan to drive above this speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

esel wrote:
    Please educate yourself on 'VZR'.

OP, check Australian sites.

pulsar vzr - 1600 cc. 175bhp?

240 kph = 149.129086 mph
    260 kph = 161.55651 mph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

How about if I sell you the speedo from my Campervan. That also goes to 180 km/h, but the camper is only capable of 120 km/h.
    So you would have an extra 60 km/h available. Add that to the 180 that you already got and you get 240 km/h ...I reckon that should do you ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

take it out, and put a zero beside each of the speeds, then it will go to 1800 km/h, which is more than adequate

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

get a satnav system, this willl tell you your real speed, speedos always overstate your speed. ridiculously so after 100 kmph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

take it out, and put a zero beside each of the speeds, then it will go to 1800 km/h, which is more than adequate

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

You sound like the kinda guy that would prefer to say when braggin to mates about what speed you were doin...."jaysus lads, she was off the clock" so I'd suggest maybe getting a speedo that reads 100kph, least that way you can brag to your mates and still not break the law.
    Seriously though 180kph is enough....if your doin anythin over that speed you don't wanna be looking down at the clock too much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement