Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Uncle Gaybo head of road safety - what's that about?

Options
  • 01-04-2006 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

How the hell did that come about?
    The whole thing just seems pretty strange...

Gay's a strange old goat. I hope he doesn't start suggesting draconian penalties for breaking speed limits by 1 mph...

I don't want to make light of the problem. God knows nobody wants their loved ones involved in a road death...BUT...are our road safety statistics that bad per capita in relation to other countries?

I mean the media seem to really hype every single road death. The politicans react with knee-jerk decisions just to look to be doing something. Meanwhile, on the ground, the Guards don't have the resouces to enforce the laws already in place...

Comments

Advertisement