Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Freeview box?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Where abouts do you intend on using it. Sure its only going to work in certain areas of the republic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Play don't send electronics to Ireland as they can't guarantee the safety of your purchase to your door and they're right too, I've had numerous items (including a Digital Camera, Gameboys) that I ordered from Amazon that are tracked as far as reaching Ireland and then 'shazzam', something magical happens on An Post's end, the item disappears - David Blaine would be proud.

On a side note, you're getting a Freeview box - can we even receive Freeview channels in Ireland because if we can, I will get one myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

If you can get "CRYSTAL CLEAR" UK stations using an aerial then it *might* be worth trying for a freeview box, otherwise - no they're of no use here in Ireland at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Wha? Freeview is a big thing here I thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Maybe you're thinking about FreeSat or FTA sat boxes, but Freeview no, it's not 'a big thing here'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You can hardly get a freeview Reception in the north of England, Carlisle. You might just about get one near the border, but out side that I doubt you'd pick it up.

Also, try argo for the freeview box, although, they won't sell it in the republic, as there's no freeview :)

John

Advertisement