Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems getting doomtrain in VIII

Options
  • 02-04-2006 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok this may not be the right place to post this but i said that surely someone here would know,

Anyway ive restarted final fantasy VII and im on the 3rd disk now with the ragnorak and i have every GF up to alexander(inclusive) anyway I know to get doomtrain you need 6 remedy+ 6 steel pipes and the solomons ring and i know that you get the remedy + from turning 60 remedys into one but god dammit i cant remember how, ive went through my abilitys list and none of them does the job

Can someone give me memory a bit of a jogging here?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Check www.gamefaqs.com

The answer is surely there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Its not, i checked it said that im meant to use alexanders med level up ability but Alexander doesnt have a med level up ability, or at least my one doesnt anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Gamefaqs has your answer for sure, but isnt there malboro tentacles there too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 >Bua<

Hey Patricide, to activate the Solomon Ring and summon Doomtrain you need to have:
    6 Steel Pipes (refine from Elastoid cards using Card Mod.)
    6 Remedy+ (refine 60 remedies using Med Lv Up)
    6 Malboro Tentacles (refine 24 Malboro cards, again by using Card Mod).

You're right only Alexander can learn Med Lv Up though you must make
    him learn this first.
    If he has no room to learn it, you gotta use Amnesia Greens to remove
    one of the more useless abilities.
    You'll probably want to learn it fairly quickly so go to the Cactuar Island
    just off the Kashkabald Desert and fight some Cactuars.
    You get 20AP for each one you hit :)

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Nice one only how do i make him learn it, what do i use to make him learn it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

When you use amnesia greens the option to learn a new skill for your GF should become available. You might have to learn a series of skills in order for the skill to become available. Best check out an faq for information.

Advertisement