Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia 8800

• 02-04-2006 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of getting a nokia 8800.Has anyone used this before and are they good phones.i did use my friends for a few mins but that was not enough time to go through the phone.whats camera like. and functions

anyway what do you guys think.Is it practical or does it get scracthed easily.i just love the design of the phone but i heard the fuctions are crap.but it just looks funky

it is going to be cheap around 300-400 but im not sure of price yet.

all comments are welcome.thanks in advance.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭roger 2006 yeah

drdre wrote:
    i heard the fuctions are crap.but it just looks funky

you just summed it up, it's a 3220 with a tin can around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

As roger says its a silver brick, Id wait for the 8800i

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the 8800 would be a good phone for about 200. for 800 its a heap of ****e. also a lot of them are faulty. get a 6230i, much better. the 8800 is for posers who don't like the burden of having a lot of money in their pockets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

the 8800 would be a good phone for about 200. for 800 its a heap of ****e. also a lot of them are faulty. get a 6230i, much better. the 8800 is for posers who don't like the burden of having a lot of money in their pockets

thats me:D , nah i will see if i get a good deal like 200-300 max then i will take it as if sell it on ebay in a few months it will still fetch around 500 euro.so i get the best of both eg use it and make money on it.;) .

but as you guys are saying it is a crap phone i will have 2nd toughts about it.or i might go for p910i which would be around 150-200.it is a hard choice to make as i just want to get a cheap and good deal.

the 6230i and k750i are free choices but i rather spend some money and get a better phone as i have usedthe 6230i and k750i ages ago.

Any of you have any recommendations from the o2 phone range.

The 8800 on O2 PM starts at 500 yoyos....

you could get

6680- from 150

Another K750i- 49 yoyos ;)

W800i- from 200 yoyos

If your going on a pay monthly upgrade those prices will be a lot lower ^

• Advertisement

N90user wrote:
    The 8800 on O2 PM starts at 500 yoyos....

you could get

6680- from 150

Another K750i- 49 yoyos ;)

W800i- from 200 yoyos

If your going on a pay monthly upgrade those prices will be a lot lower ^

i know they cost that much but not for the deal im getting.i have been offered 6230i and k750i as a free option and i asked for 8800 the last day i met him and he said around 300.so i will try push ihim down when i meet him tommotrrow as i love the look of the phone.i am not mad into my cameras anyway so it doesnot make a difference.

another option is you get the 8800 and sell it, you could make profit on it and then get maybe a N70 etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Eh 8800 is a standard vga camera , but i love the way it looks id buy it off you for 300 easily.

by the way i was actually given a phone away.

another option is you get the 8800 and sell it, you could make profit on it and then get maybe a N70 etc ?

yes that was my option that i would get it use it for max 1-2 months sell it and get the K790 that i would love to get.:D

does anyone know if i get a 8800 will it be branded with o2 eg software and are they unlocked.i think o2 bill phones are unlocked but im not sure:confused:

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    does anyone know if i get a 8800 will it be branded with o2 eg software and are they unlocked.i think o2 bill phones are unlocked but im not sure:confused:
    not sure, but shouldn't be a problem when you know someone with the right gear to sort it ;)

not sure, but shouldn't be a problem when you know someone with the right gear to sort it ;)

yeah phoneexpo guy can sort it out i think:D :cool: .hpe it wouldnot be expensive

drdre wrote:
    yeah phoneexpo guy can sort it out i think:D :cool: .hpe it wouldnot be expensive
    yeah, that's who my m8 got the gear off, sold my m8 unlocking cables he didn't use anymore.

yeah, that's who my m8 got the gear off, sold my m8 unlocking cables he didn't use anymore.

alright i will ask him then.thanks

Sarge wrote:
    Eh 8800 is a standard vga camera , but i love the way it looks id buy it off you for 300 easily.

by the way i was actually given a phone away.

its not a standard camera. its 800*600 instead of 640*480;

its not a standard camera. its 800*600 instead of 640*480;

its an alright camera but i really donot use a camera.i just love the looks.and sarge i wouldnot sell it for 300.:D

Sell in in the BNS and you would get a lot! ie i was offered 110 for my 902 but in the BNS i was offered 200 get me?

N90user wrote:
    Sell in in the BNS and you would get a lot! ie i was offered 110 for my 902 but in the BNS i was offered 200 get me?
    yeah but i think ebay would be better.but thts if i even get it.

drdre wrote:
    its an alright camera but i really donot use a camera.i just love the looks.and sarge i wouldnot sell it for 300.:D

and you'll definitely be able to fit it in your pocket since you won't be carrying any money anymore :)

hahaha!

• Advertisement

and you'll definitely be able to fit it in your pocket since you won't be carrying any money anymore :)
    hahaha.i donot have alot of money in the 1st place.i have alwys spent alot of money on top end phones.i have loads of 8910i's in the past because i love them and still love them.i donot know why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey drdre,

I have an 8800. It looks sh1t hot but the functions on the phone aren't anything special tbh. It's got ringtones composed sepcially for the phone by some Japanese guy!! The biggest downfall of the phone is the battery, its unbelieveably bad. So much so, it comes with a second battery!! Also the 3 bottom keys ( *,0,#) can be hard to get at, but after awhile you get used to it!! Having said that I don't regret buying it. It doesn't scratch easily at all, I always keep it in a pocket that doesn't have keys\coins etc (a reserved pocket if you will!!) I got the software upgraded on mine, it was kind of buggy when I got it first. The software version I now have is 03.78. All in all the functions aren't anything special but its still a sh1t hot phone!!

jamieh wrote:
    Hey drdre,

I have an 8800. It looks sh1t hot but the functions on the phone aren't anything special tbh. It's got ringtones composed sepcially for the phone by some Japanese guy!! The biggest downfall of the phone is the battery, its unbelieveably bad. So much so, it comes with a second battery!! Also the 3 bottom keys ( *,0,#) can be hard to get at, but after awhile you get used to it!! Having said that I don't regret buying it. It doesn't scratch easily at all, I always keep it in a pocket that doesn't have keys\coins etc (a reserved pocket if you will!!) I got the software upgraded on mine, it was kind of buggy when I got it first. The software version I now have is 03.78. All in all the functions aren't anything special but its still a sh1t hot phone!!

thanks alot, i will only buy it if its cheap but i would never but it sim free.i only like the look of it.thats the best bit.
    how long would battery last.

o2 guys said p910i could be got for free eg i will have to pay for the phone but i will be given credit to my account.
    8800 will cost around 600 but i will be credited approx 300 so it means i will get the phone for 250-300.thats not that bad.still is a good phone.
    so i will check it out and see what i can get a better deal on:D

jamieh wrote:
    Hey drdre,

it says in the features that it has a music player.does it have a mmc card and how many songs can be put on it.do you have any songs on it.also in the box does it come with leather case.

Hey,

I'd just about get one day per battery, and that would be at moderate use!! If you stay on the phone for a good while the battery will nearly be gone after a long call!!

Ya it has a music player, very good sound (the loudspeaker is very clear too) but it has no mmc slot....only 64mb of internal memory!!

No leather case included in the box

jamieh wrote:
    No leather case included in the box
    thats shocking. if i pay 800 euro for a phone i want it to wash the dishes.

jamieh wrote:
    Hey drdre,

newest firmware for the 8800 is 3.94 :)

Cheers Roger...I'll get it done again so!!

Do you know is there any major changes between 3.78 and 3.94? ie, is it worth while??

• Advertisement

i'm not 100% what the changes would be, but i'm sure it fixes a few bugs that could of been there in 3.78.

:)

Advertisement