Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing? (this one again...)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Retr0gamer wrote:
    PS2:

GC:
    F-zero GX

just dont forget who's boss! :D

Im playin oblivion and only oblivion. bought tales of phantasia for the gameboy but not gonna touch it yet. guitar hero next week and then dragonquest. then nothin until metroid hunters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I'm still crap at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Oblivion, (over 45hours) :eek:

with a touch of far cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

PC
    Final Fantasy XI
    Counter Strike Source

DS
    Sonic Rush
    Mart Kart

Final fantasy takes up so much time that i hardly ever consoles, only play DS before when to lazy to get outa bed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

eyerer wrote:
    i have this sitting around, is it worth a go?

atm i'm playing nothing. think i will play toca rd 3 when it arrives

Definitely. Fantastic game. So atmospheric.
    Stalfos wrote:
    DS
    Sonic Rush
    Mart Kart

Just after remembering that I haven't finished this game yet. That's another for the list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭quon

Cube: Resi 4

DS: Super Princess Peach, Bleach

PSP: Tales Of Eternia

PC: Falcon 4.0

PS2: Katamari Damacy, We love Katamari, ICO, Phantom Brave.

GBA: Astro Boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm trying to find the time to play Guild Wars, Eve, D&D Online, Oblivion, City Of Heroes/Villains, Fire Warrior, Perimiter, and XIII on the PC, Devil May Cry 3 and Shadow Of The Colossus, on PS2, and not getting anywhere near enough time for them because I'm firmly addicted to Meteos and OSU! TATAKAE! OUENDAN! on the DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Got Metroid Prime Hunters *\o/*
    Goodbye for a week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

PES5 (XB)
    Trying to get back in2 Half life2 (XB)
    Conflict Desert Storm (PS2) - always playing that game!!
    Age Of Empires (PC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Got Metroid Prime Hunters *\o/*
    Goodbye for a week!
    meh, controls seem horrible so far
    managed to beat the first boss... it's a battle that would've taken 1 minute in metroid prime, but i spent 10 ****ing minutes trying to hit the bastard!
    i'll have a quick mess around with the controls now

• Advertisement

Well, methinks
    with the lock-on in Prime, the coloured spots on that boss would have been a pain in the hole to clear quickly... I was able to beat it first time while playing on the bus home from college
    . Maybe it's the amount of times I've played through the demo, or maybe it's my little girl hands, but I don't have a huge problem with the controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Wow wow wow, I'm only seven colossi in, and just... wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

oblivion and if i can find time ghost recon on the 360

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Well I bought Shadow of the Collosus and its fan-freakin tastic.

Put me down for nothing else but it for the next while :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Well, methinks
    with the lock-on in Prime, the coloured spots on that boss would have been a pain in the hole to clear quickly... I was able to beat it first time while playing on the bus home from college
    . Maybe it's the amount of times I've played through the demo, or maybe it's my little girl hands, but I don't have a huge problem with the controls.
    i beat it first time no problems, and was still only using my first energy tank.
    it just took too damn long for me to kill the bastid... i'd started to lose interest and just wanted to get the battle over with. which was a rare occurance with the GC Metroid Prime games.

/edit
    i reckon we were talking about different bosses... i meant the first bounty hunter battle.
    the first proper boss battle was a lot more enjoyable... think i'm getting hooked into it now :)

and yeah, i'd say my massive hands had something to do with it... I can't seem to play any DS games comfortably:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Psychonauts and Enemy Territory are all I've really been playing lately, Psychonauts is by far the best traditional game I've played since Pikmin 2(by traditional I mean with narrative, plot and all), don't get enough time with this job thing getting in the way. No doubt come this friday job will take second place to guitar hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i assume you two are using the thumb strap and not the stylus?

I am using the stylus, I find it more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Animal Crossing DS is still holding my interest after all this time, I've also picked up Castlevania DS again after being stuck on around 40% for a while.

I've started Psychonauts and it's promising but the main one holding my attention is Elevator Action Returns on Taito Legends 2. It's a bloody brilliant old style arcade platformer with a neat twist. Legends of Eternia is still holding my interest on the PSP too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

the main one holding my attention is Elevator Action Returns on Taito Legends 2. It's a bloody brilliant old style arcade platformer with a neat twist.

It's excellent isn't it. Have it for the saturn. Very simple but yet so complicated at the same time. Can't believe eurogamer said it was one of the worst games on the collection, it's an absolute classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Playing DS more than anything recently.Mario Kart and animal crossing are both getting their fair share;)

Who would have thought Transformers on the PS2 would be so good. This will keep me going when Baten Kaitos annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Who would have thought Transformers on the PS2 would be so good.
    Oh it is great isn't it?

I could never beat Starscream the second time around though. Must dig it out and give it another go.

I was playing Resident Evil 2 all last night. Haven't played it in about 5 years, but I'm loving it. Definitely my favourite Resident Evil game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Nearly all DS at the moment, in fact since Xmas when we got it.
    Mario & Luigi PIT, stuck on the last boss.
    Project Rub, picked it up for a tenner used in game and am finding it the most "DS" game that I have played yet, just a variation on touched IMO.
    OSU! Tatakae! Ouendan! Brilliant brilliant brilliant, have finished the easy level and am on the second.
    Mario Kart, presently learning to snake and I nearly have it. :D
    Trauma Centre, but stuck on the healing hands level so have left it down for a bit.

Advertisement