Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need High Calcium greens Galway

Options
  • 02-04-2006 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭

I need a supply of high calcium greens for a bearded dragon in Galway. Cannot find Collard, Mustard greens, alfalfa plant etc anywhere in Galway. Does anyone know where I could get a supply from in the west

Join Ireland Weather Network

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Tescos do a broccoli sprout and alfalfa green mix in their fridge section, where the salads and mushrooms etc. All else fails a calcium suppliment might work?

It's a bit early but if there are any untreated dandelions around they are high in calcium too, they're safe for most critters I don't know much about scalies so mabey double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭thecivvie

They recommend no sprouts nor broccoli well only only a rare basis

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

You should really be using a calcium supplement regardless of what veggies you are giving.I use rocket mainly as its probably the best you`ll get over here.Tescos do it in a small bag for about 2 euros or so and it does mine for a week.

http://www.reptilerooms.com/Sections+index-req-viewarticle-artid-98-page-1.html
    Handy link for checking correct foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I have the calcium powder anyway and all his crix/locusts are dusted in it along with his vits, just want to add some veggies for him

Advertisement