Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing money from credit union in different county...

Options
  • 02-04-2006 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

My credit union account branch is in Galway, but I need to withdraw money in Sligo.. Is this possible, or do I have to withdraw from the branch that my account is with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm pretty sure you have to do it at your orginal branch. The Credit Unions aren't quite as joined up as the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Bugger, thanks me broke for my scuba diving trip :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Generally no, each CU is an individual limited company linked to the others only by membership of the ILCU (hence the common globe logo)

However,according to the ICLU site http://www.creditunion.ie/publisher/index.jsp?re=0&&1nID=93&pID=596&nID=614

"Some credit unions offer an ATM service where savings can be withdrawn. Tullamore, St. Mary’s Navan, Mitchelstown and St. Canice’s Kilkenny credit unions offer IQ cash cards which can be used in their own ATM machines, at any credit union ATM machine or at any Bank of Ireland or AIB ATM machine, approximately 750 nationwide..."

Advertisement