Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing/replacing Gutters

Options
  • 02-04-2006 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a firm who could repair or fit new gutters on terrace house in D9. The access is difficult as there is a conservatory one one side and an extension on the other, both have pitched rooves.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

anyone at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

A few people I know have used Premier uPVC

Im sure they're in the book

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Heinrich,

I'm not ignoring you I just hate gutters with a passion and even typing about them can put me in bad humour.

There are a few monkeys in that business who will try to drive gutter spikes through aluminium seamless gutters with one standing on the ridge of the roof with the fitter on the other man's shoulders, not kidding I actually saw them doing it :)

For safety you may need two aluminium scaffold towers with a spandeck between them.

Having gone to so much trouble to set up the job I think you may be better opting for replacements rather than repairs.

There is one company I would recommend but you may have to organise access for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

rooferPete wrote:
    Hi Heinrich,

For safety you may need two aluminium scaffold towers with a spandeck between them.

Having gone to so much trouble to set up the job I think you may be better opting for replacements rather than repairs.

There is one company I would recommend but you may have to organise access for them.

Might give them a try if you could let men have their address.

Advertisement