Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Bonus Marks Scheme.

Options
  • 02-04-2006 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭

As you know there are various bonus marks available for most Leaving Certificate papers answered through the medium of Irish.

Is this scheme discretionary as decided by the department or does it have a statutory basis ? If the latter, what is the statute or instrument ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Se&#225 wrote: »
    go here:

http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=im

i am doing everything through irish but in the end it makes no difference for me, as i usally get above the minimum marks... in other words since i get over C1s or whatever i aint even eligible for it!

Sean, thanks for that link.

Are you selling yourself short ? As I read that scheme you should continue to get bonus marks right up the point where you theoretically receive no bonus points when you score 100 %.

Every point counts !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

NUTLEY BOY wrote:
    Sean, thanks for that link.

Are you selling yourself short ? As I read that scheme you should continue to get bonus marks right up the point where you theoretically receive no bonus points when you score 100 %.

Every point counts !!
    Thats true, if you get a low grade you get more marks, lets say about 11, then as you move upwards you get less and less, so if you get a B2 you might only get 4 marks..
    Though it could be the difference from an A and a B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

And people say the education system in this country fair. Why isn't there a reward for doing your exam through any other foreign language. beats me?

And people say the education system in this country fair. Why isn't there a reward for doing your exam through any other foreign language. beats me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

NADA wrote:
    Irish isnt a foreign language..

• Advertisement

exiot wrote:
    Irish isnt a foreign language..

Well you know. Technically it is. It came in from abroad and no1 speaks it much anyway!

Advertisement