Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VEYRON 10%increase

Options
  • 02-04-2006 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I was reading in the sunday times today the bugatti are going to increase the price by 10% and also increase production from 50 to 70 supercars a year.this will decrease the waiting list which is over 1 year.

do you not think the price is high already? and are they just being greedy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Greedy? They're still making a massive loss on each one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Greedy? They're still making a massive loss on each one

how are they making a massive loss when the basic model is selling for over 800k.they are just greedy and want to make more money

drdre wrote:
    how are they making a massive loss when the basic model is selling for over 800k.they are just greedy and want to make more money

they are making a huge loss on each one. Because of the price of all the researching they budgeted that each of the cars of the quota would cost in the region of €4 million all told.

they are making a huge loss on each one. Because of the price of all the researching they budgeted that each of the cars of the quota would cost in the region of €4 million all told.

WOW 4 million for a car.it wouldnot be worth it as the roads are tiny and you cannot even get it to max speed on irish roads:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I think if you can afford one in the first place a 10% increase in price isn't gona bother you too much

• Advertisement

fletch wrote:
    I think if you can afford one in the first place a 10% increase in price isn't gona bother you too much

yeah you are right but still it is a increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

drdre wrote:
    yeah you are right but still it is a increase.
    Have they priced it "just" out of your reach now? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

/me re-gurgitates facts about production costs.

fletch wrote:
    Have they priced it "just" out of your reach now? :)
    yeah i only have 1.9 million in the bank but cannot afford another 190k.:D .
    ah well i will save up abit more and buy a second hand one next year:p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The old saying "If you have to ask how much it costs then you cannot afford it."

VW knew they were never going to make a profit on this car. It was the ultimate dream in engineering that they wanted to accomplish.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote:
    The old saying "If you have to ask how much it costs then you cannot afford it."

VW knew they were never going to make a profit on this car. It was the ultimate dream in engineering that they wanted to accomplish.

yes it is an amazing car but they could have shaped it better:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:

Exactly, and let's reduce the they to just him, namely Ferdi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

drdre wrote:
    yes it is an amazing car but they could have shaped it better:D

yea my taughts exactly, doenst exactly look like its worth 4 mill :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

ando wrote:
    yea my taughts exactly, doenst exactly look like its worth 4 mill :rolleyes:

When you build a 1000hp car to go from 0-60 in under 3secs and top out at 400kmh+ you're in kind of a design straight jacket. I think they did an amazing job considering every inch is designed for function over form

Advertisement