Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dedicated Servers

• 02-04-2006 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Hello
    Do any Irish companies except Hosting365 and Blacknight do low-cost dedicated servers? I suspect I'll go with Hosting365's in the end, but just wondering are there any others around.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

If you need the server to be actually in Ireland, at the budget end, we're the only one we're aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

Lots of broken links on that sticky....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Yikes, that there are. I'll probably go down the hosting365 route, then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

If you need the server to be actually in Ireland, at the budget end, we're the only one we're aware of.

emm no your not.. theres plenty about that I've found...

but dare I say it webhost.ie?

• Advertisement

I looked at them, but they'd be overkill; they don't really cater to the budget market. Also, they don't offer the OS I want. And their sidebar thing doesn't work without Javascript, setting me against them immediately :)

Sorry, I took the question to be Irish -located- budget servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

Sorry, I took the question to be Irish -located- budget servers.

yeah missed the 'Budget' bit - me teh bads - sorry :)

It's extremely difficult to provide budget prices in Ireland, with the costs of datacentre space, power, connectivity, staff, etc, which is why many steer clear of the area entirely. We tend to compete more directly with the UK and US.

Well, went for Hosting365 in the end, anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

As a matter of interest... what spec machine and services did you go for and what was the end price... if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all. I went for their basic package, that is a 2.4Ghz Celeron with 256mb of RAM, and a 40 hard drive, with a 10mbps unmetered (reasonable use policy applies) network connection, with RAM upgraded to 512mb. Running Debian Linux(there's a surcharge if you want Windows). Total 69euro ex-vat/month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Novara (host.ie) do dedicated servers don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Novara (servers.ie) do dedicated servers don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

The cheapest Servers.ie do is €2,330 per year. The Hosting365 solution costs €828 per year. Bandwidth is unmetered on H365 too, though I don't know how much bandwidth you could consume before you got a slap on the wrist.

Just got email saying was setup, so waiting for it to actually become available. :)

*taps fingers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

rsynnott wrote:
    Not at all. I went for their basic package, that is a 2.4Ghz Celeron with 256mb of RAM, and a 40 hard drive, with a 10mbps unmetered (reasonable use policy applies) network connection, with RAM upgraded to 512mb. Running Debian Linux(there's a surcharge if you want Windows). Total 69euro ex-vat/month.

Whoa. Prices have gone down!

Does anyone know if customers who are on the old pricing plan will be charged at the new rate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

DOLEMAN wrote:

Does anyone know if customers who are on the old pricing plan will be charged at the new rate?

As far as I know, those prices aren't new. You can probably downgrade, but you will have to contact H365 or whoever your provider is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

Serbian wrote:
    As far as I know, those prices aren't new. You can probably downgrade, but you will have to contact H365 or whoever your provider is.

Well, it sure looks like my spec :)

I'll pop them off an e-mail...

Cheers.

After minor teething problems, fully up and running now. Seems great. Will hopefully be all moved over tomorrow. :)

Oh, and the Celeron is actually 2.66Ghz, which is a nice bonus :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

DOLEMAN wrote:

I think you're thinking of their original server offering .. which is still pretty much at the same pricing level, but comes with better hardwer, and SLAs, and >10Mbps switching.

This budget server offering has been at the same price since its launch. They really are quite different offerings, so I don't presume they'd have switched anyone over. Might have been nice to send an email to their customers to let them have the option alright.

.cg

All customers on the older series are in contract - the new value series are typically monthly rolling. As customers come up for renewal they get the options on discount, move tho the new servers, or upgrade at a discount to one of our shiny Xeon units...

If you signed a piece of paper when ordering, you are under contract.

Advertisement