Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do estate agents charge??

Options
  • 02-04-2006 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Really just wondering how much do estate agents charge what is the percentage that they charge you for selling your house?

In particular i was wondering about Kelly Hudson, Jordan mainly around the newbridge area!

thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Gunne Residential have offered me .75% + costs of Euro 500 (for a listing on myhome.ie and advertising over 2 property supplements). This is for the sale of a 3 bed townhouse in Lucan village, and they stated that depending on my expected price that they could probably sell it inside 3 weeks (from first viewing). Hope this helps.

Note: the offer of the above fees was taking into account my purchase of a seperate property from another of their offices at the same time, so I was likely offered a discounted rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Totally varies really.
    When we first put our house on the market before Christmas, I naively thought they all charged pretty much a standard fee. I got a sharp shock when a letter came in post saying that if the auctioneer was successful, we'd be charged 1.5%!!! Naturally I told them that was ridiculous & they brought it down to 1.05%, with no extra fees. I rang around a few auctioneers in the area who were all charging in & around that.

We then had to pull the house off the market & when we put it back up in January the fee had gone down to 0.85%. Just ring around a good few auctioneers & then bargain with the one you decide to go with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

DNG charged me 1% last time i used them, about 18 months ago.

Advertisement