Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PayPal - limited account?

Options
  • 02-04-2006 3:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

For some reason PayPal limited my account, now they are asking me for all kinds of information i do not have?

They want me to send them tracking information inc. invoices/receipts for the items i sold, the problem is i just shipped the items my normal air mail and do not have tracking numbers?

Has anyone had experience of dealing with PayPal?...and is it the case that no matter what i do they'll just keep my account locked for 180 days and earn interest on the money in my PayPal?

I have read hundreads of horror stories from people, with thousands locked by PayPal. They did everything required to resolve the issues, bank statements, ID, passports, utility bills, receipts etc. and still noithing would satisfy PayPal.

Is it like a scam they are running or something?

www.paypalsucks.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Get onto Paypal customer care and explain the situation. Let them know what you sent and didn't send and how you sent it.

Maybe get some of the people you sent to to vouch for you too? Not sure how that works, but might help out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Welcome to the wonderful world according to Paypal. I assume you sold stuff on ebay, was your listing Paypal Buyer Protected. If it was, part of the little known T&C's of Paypal is the fact that sellers are required to send stuff by an online trackable service. If you are to comply with Paypal, you should be charging a lot more for P&P and use a trackable service.

If you cannot provide this trackable service for the items you sent, paypal will take the money from your account. This is the paypal way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mel123

while on the subject of giving out about paypal...i too have had a bad experience....i filed a claim for item not received, the seller then sent out another item (after i asked them not to), and because i got that one then i couldnt file another claim on the same item even tho the phone i bought for 200 blips didnt work!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Who are Paypal anyway? Personally I refuse to deal with them. They are far worse with restrictive terms and conditions than any bank or CC comanny I have ever dealt with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It was a NIGHTMARE!!!...you wouldn't belive the things they asked me for, the contacted my buyers!!

They wanted my whole life history, very piece of documentation you can think of to prove my identity, i was even to the point whereby i thought they wanted a blood or urine sample!!

Thankfully they accepted my explanation after my buyers confirmed they got the gear ok from me and are happy. I'll never use PayPal again...and i cleaned out my account of the funds!

• Advertisement

Hagar wrote:
    Who are Paypal anyway? Personally I refuse to deal with them. They are far worse with restrictive terms and conditions than any bank or CC comanny I have ever dealt with.

Seems PayPal are scam artists, they charge huge fees, they insist you use a credit card, they make a massive 2.5% on top of the wholesale exchange rate, they charge money when you get funds or when you take it out + interest @ 3.9%.

They lock people's account on a regular basis holding millions and earning interest on that money. They'll hold your money for 180 days before you can get it back!

I've learned my leason the hard way....don't use PayPal! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

don't use PayPal! :eek:
    Who would you recommend then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

From a buyers prospective I think they are great. I wouldnt buy from a seller on ebay that didnt use paypal.

That's because buyers can claim a chargeback on their credit cards and stiff the seller!!

It's happended countless times, genuine sellers get screwed on both ends. The buyer get the item + his cash back. It's the seller then that has to deal with a negative balance on his PayPal account and having PayPal send the heavies after them to recoup the money.

It's a scam!...PayPal protects THEMSELVES first, then the buyer...the seller gets NO protection. Any fool can claim an item they purchased was damaged or not as described, and i am fairly confident this little trick is just a way to scam the legit seller.

Just read all the horror stories at www.paypalsucks.com

PayPal seems to think everyone is a thief and a liar, you have no recourse to appeal or unlocked the funds.

After my experience and even though i got the issue resolved within 24 hours i shall never use the service again.

Consider this, a scammer or con artist hacks your account, he then uses stolen credit cards to buy stuff, what will happen is PayPal will come looking for YOU to pay the money, even though your account was hacked and used illegally by someone other then yourself.

PayPal don't care, all they want is for THEM not to get stiffed with the bill.

ruprect wrote:
    Who would you recommend then?

I wouldn't recomend anything electronic, using registered mail works wonders, or money transfer to your bank account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hagar wrote:
    Paypal are owned by Ebay, one and the same company really.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mel123

It's happended countless times, genuine sellers get screwed on both ends. The buyer get the item + his cash back. It's the seller then that has to deal with a negative balance on his PayPal account and having PayPal send the heavies after them to recoup the money.QUOTE]

I am at the moment in the middle of trying to get a cashback - legitimate - and i have to send the phone back to the seller, via registered post, as it happens he wont give me his bloody address. It doesnt really sound right that the person would get to keep it also - if this has happened to you i think you should look for your items back.

Ive just had no luck with ebay, and dont think ill be buying anything there again.

My issue was resolved within 24 hours and all my buyers confirm they got the item and are happy. My decision to leave PayPal is part to do with reading horror stories and reading their user agreement, they are not the internet police and you sign away too much control over your private details, bank account and CC etc.

The decisions they make when dealing with disputes cannot be challenged nor appealed, they never give reasons as to how they make decisions regarding your account.

Advertisement