Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking Disaster!!! Please Help

Options
  • 02-04-2006 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

OK, don't know how but when following the 'SIMPLE' instructions to overclock my x800gto2 I managed to mess it up!!!

Heres what I did:

To flash it, get a blank floppy disk, and make it an ms-dos boot disk, then download ATIFlash from our downloads section, put the two files on the same floppy disk, along with your original bios and the new modified one (you'll have to rename them so you don't get them mixed up). Restart your computer with the disk in the drive, and it should load into ms-dos. If not, you'll need to change the boot priority. Once in ms-dos, type the following command line:

atiflash -p -f -newbios 0 [biosname].bin

When it finishes, restart your computer, and check atitool, and it should have 16 pipes enabled.

There's a reverse proceedure which is pretty much the same thing but I have no display on my monitor and no onboard graphics on my Mobo so I can't see what's going on.

Anyone got a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Look for a PCI graphics card, or try learn the routine blindly. That's all you can do really :S

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

Thanks Giblet, have tried a good few times to do it blind.... Just no joy, trying to get my hands on a pci card to tryy and sort it out, was just hoping there might have been some other option.

Advertisement