Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up eircom.net in Outlook - Password Issue

• 02-04-2006 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

I hope this is the right forum for this one, appologise if it's not.

Basically I'm transfering everything from a PC to a new laptop and it just occured to me that having set up my eircom.net acc about 6 years ago, I have no idea what the password is. I presume I can wait till tomorrow to spend 4 hrs on the phone to errorcom, but is there any way now I can retrieve the password from the PC now?

Here's hoping!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

hi there you can download a password utility for those people who forget them

just google

Revelation v2.0

this will help you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Go to www.eircom.ie and click on the E-mail button on the orange bar just under the banner.

You will be asked for your Username <myname>@eircom.net and a password. There is a "Password Issues" Link under the password field. If I recall this will email your password to you.

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

tools>accounts>export...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Danno wrote:
    tools>accounts>export...

What does that do ? On my machine it saves a .iaf file which contains garbage with no sign of any password ?!

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Pharcyde

Tech - I tried a couple of these, but they seem less affective on Win 2k +. I got no results at all.

Zenner - Cheeers for that. I thought that was just for web-mail, not POP3. I'll give it a go and keep you posted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

ZENER wrote:
    What does that do ? On my machine it saves a .iaf file which contains garbage with no sign of any password ?!

On the new machine, you import that .iaf file, and it will create the account in OE, with the password already set up.

(Encrypted files usually look like garbage - there wouldn't be much point to them if you could read the contents, would there?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭ozmo

Foxwood wrote:
    On the new machine, you import that .iaf file, and it will create the account in OE, with the password already set up.

(Encrypted files usually look like garbage - there wouldn't be much point to them if you could read the contents, would there?)

Uggh, shudder. That must be Outlook Express your taking about - its picks up nasties very easily.

Make sure you read though this if ur using it on ur new machine- http://www.tames.net/security/oesettings.htm
    or if available to you, upgrade to Outlook - its great, and will import your email account settings.

To get your passwords stored by Internet explorer (web mail etc) -
    install Firefox(just temporary if you like), it will import all the passwords stored on the computer and you can then view them unencrypted ! (Firefox->Tools/Options/Privacy/Saved Passwords)

“Roll it back”

Advertisement