Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Durable Shoes

• 02-04-2006 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

A last few pair of shoes I bought have not lasted long.

I usually went for the same well known brand - Has any body any suggestions for a durable men's pair of shoes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Clarks and barrots own brand shoes are always great quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

cotwold wrote:
    Clarks and barrots own brand shoes are always great quality.

Have to agree with Clarks here too (for work shoes).
    Get a good pair around the 80 or 90 mark and look after them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I'm going to sing the praises of Doc Martens. It takes a bit of effort to break them in but they are exceptionally long-lasting. They're not all boots either, they have some standard shoe styles afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Liquorice wrote:
    I'm going to sing the praises of Doc Martens. It takes a bit of effort to break them in but they are exceptionally long-lasting. They're not all boots either, they have some standard shoe styles afaik.
    I completely agree. And as Liquorice has said, they have plenty of equally long-lasting shoe styles if you're not into boots. They do, as mentioned, require a bit of perseverance when breaking them in, but the effort is well worth it in the end.

Advertisement