Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Free credit from O2 on April Fools day

• 02-04-2006 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

My friend got on to me about this yesterday and I thought it was a joke when he told me but it actually worked. Yesterday morning and afternoon, if you called up 1741, put in any 12 random numbers as the top up code, you got credit. So I rang a few times.

There must have been a massive blunder made by o2 somewhere. Problem is that when I tried to tell people, they thought I was having them on for April Fools. A fair few of my friends belived me though and they cleaned up. I now have over 100 euros credit in my phone and this is not a joke.

Can anyone tell me if they got credit that way before or what happened at o2?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

Fair fúcks to ya. How many digits do you type in for Vodafone!! Im guessing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

2nd April fools joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's some serious issues with O2 topups ... he's not lying :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

It don't work!

Maybe his method is off .. but O2 topups are warped :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

This is what is called the spill-over from April Fool's. Basically random noobs join and start posting rubbish after they've finished txting all their mates (who already heard it anyway). They have clearly had several pranks played on them on April 1st and fell for them all. They happily 'forget' that April fool's is exclusively reserved for April 1st.

Last year one guy wanted to know if the rumours he had heard were true- that a sewer pipe had bust in his school and **** was all over the place. It was the 3rd of April. The only thing that burst was me, from laughter.

Ring up O2 1850 601747 (Speakeasy helpline) and you'll hear the prerecorded "we're currently having issues with our prepay topup service"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Superman...NOT!

Thanks for backing me up ciaranfo. As I was saying you were able to get it yesterday morning and afternoon but not that evening. I tried but it looks like that o2 solved the problem.

As for aphex, you want your proof, heres an attached file of a picture of my phone (motorolaL6) after I dialed *100# to check credit. I'm sorry about the quality. And don't think that you know everything because you obviously dont. SO YOU STOP POSTING THE RUBBISH.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

I believed you from the star ttoo :) hmm now will o2 ever find out about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

is it still working.how do i get free credit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Superman...NOT!

Thanks N90. I can't imagine that o2 don't know about this. They are surely able to keep records of this type of stuff. Although I say a lot of people did it because it got harder and harder to get through to 1741, i.e. the network was jammed with people ringing up.

In that case I don't think they are going to be able to hunt people down about it because so many people did it. It's like an atm which gives out too much money. A few people do it, the bank will try and get them. A lot of people do it, well it's the bank's tough **** because if they try to get their money back, they'll drive off their clients, same thing goes for o2.

And no drdre, the problem seems to have been fixed last night. Sorry.:(

EDIT:
    Well it looks like o2 have copped on. Checked my credit a couple of hours ago and I'm down to about 20 euros. They pinched their credit back.

Advertisement