Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you tough enough?

Options
  • 02-04-2006 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

OK...is there any streets / roads in Dublin that ppl simply wudnt drive down ?? (cos they are too dangerous)....I remember yrs ago I wudnt drive down sherriff st...thats before they tore down the tenemant flats and extended the IFSC....I bet theres a few streets I dont know about tho:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Dangerous is what way? As in the road is in a bad condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

rb_ie wrote:

roffles

Avoid anywhere in Darndale at all costs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i dont think anywhere is like that

but in saying that, balcurris in ballymunis fiarly dodge. as des bishop said "ya know a place is rough when even the locals tell you not to go there"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

rb_ie wrote:

LOL...ehhhhh no....as in dangerous that you're likely to get carjacked or get your windows bricked !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

For **** sake - there is no where in particular it's just the type of people you have to look out for!

• Advertisement

i agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

anywhere on the northside.

raheny red wrote:
    For **** sake - there is no where in particular it's just the type of people you have to look out for!

Me rollox. Theres obviously skangers on every corner...take a drive thru malahide and u will see sum FFS. The question was what areas are deemed as a no go...for X reason, if u dont have an opinion on it then no panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Finglas, in general. Any moving vehicle will be attacked.

downtown baghdad is fairly ruff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

Drumcondra, santry , ballymun , whitehall, raheny , malahide, mulhuddart, portmarnock, baldoyle, to name a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭loopyloulou

s10 wrote:
    Drumcondra, santry , ballymun , whitehall, raheny , malahide, mulhuddart, portmarnock, baldoyle, to name a few

are you for real???? the ignorance of some people in this thread is unbelievable....so what happened you when you drove/walked through malahide, portmarnock and raheny??? did the scum come out of their houses and start bricking your car? i dont think so... theres dodgy people everywhere and its the few dodgy ones you have to look out for whether youre in Blackrock or Ballymun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

s10 wrote:

Please elaborate - enlighten us, this should be good :rolleyes:

he/she has to be taking the urine!!!

i mean whatever about malahide, but ballymun is safe!

i detect a slight northside/southside divide in this thread..."slight"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

s10 wrote:

The OP did not ask us to list some north side places......

I have had my car damaged only once down on Sheriff Street by some kids while I was driving, but then again I parked my car outside my parents house in Rathfarnham and had the wingmirror kicked off it.

Sh!t happens everywhere... even on the southside!!!

I have had my car damaged only once down on Sheriff Street by some kids while I was driving, but then again I parked my car outside my parents house in Rathfarnham and had the wingmirror kicked off it.

You're right there ted...I didnt ask for someone to reel off random northside addresses !! If I wanted to kick off the south v north side divide I could have just said Tallagtfornia , Clondalkin and the fermot are skips....which they are lol

You're right there ted...I didnt ask for someone to reel off random northside addresses !! If I wanted to kick off the south v north side divide I could have just said Tallaghtfornia , Clondalkin and the fermot are skips....which they are lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭TiwstaSista

Echo?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

s10 wrote:

I'd agree with most these places..malahide is touch and go

I'd agree with most these places..malahide is touch and go

Id be gutted you just said if I bought a gaff there...especially when you see the poxy prices they charge there:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Dont know about drive but theres no places i can think of that i wouldnt walk through.

I live in Tallaght, but then again i dont sound like i'm from Tallaght and i aint a steriotypical Tallafornian.

I've worked in a service station around the corner from saint micheals flats (years ago and cycled there for a midnight shift), have no problem driving around that area even now as i drop someone home near there now and then.

I went to college for 4 years on summerhill, right beside that flats. Was going through clondalkin on a regular basis for a job recently and had no problems.

Obviously i wont say to anyone to feel free to walk "anywhere" in dublin alone at night but alot of the bad reps are blown out of perportion in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

dublin sucks imo

edit: i thought this was in AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

raheny red wrote:

Ah another young naive Shels fan I see...;) . I doubt you, or many people on this message board for that matter, would be too keen on driving down Dunsink Lane - at any time of the day or night.

There's also a few areas in Blanch, Tallaght (Jobstown/Fettercairn type area), Sheriff Street, Darndale, Fatima Mansions and Neilstown/Ronanstown (in particular) that are pretty dodgy. I'd be more wary about getting hit by a joyrider/boy-racer in these areas though than I would about my car getting bricked or otherwise damaged

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Sizzler wrote:
    Id be gutted you just said if I bought a gaff there...especially when you see the poxy prices they charge there:p

come again?

come again?

come again? sorry 5 times a night is enough for me lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

That happened to me too, I used to live in Rathfarnham; it's those scummers coming from the Sarah Curran.

One night, I was awoken to the sound of tracksuit wearing scummers dancing on the sunroof of my mothers car.

Wake up people, crime happens everywhere

swingking wrote:
    That happened to me too, I used to live in Rathfarnham; it's those scummers coming from the Sarah Curran.

One night, I was awoken to the sound of tracksuit wearing scummers dancing on the sunroof of my mothers car.

Wake up people, crime happens everywhere

Good observation Columbo ;)

The post was about where was the definitive place that people would be reluctant to drive thru...

Nobody seems to be able to put their neck on the line ;-(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

anywhere in swords where ur car has to stop, particularly river valley estate.

faceman wrote:

I was in rathfarnham last week and nearly had the wipers taken off my windscreen!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

faceman wrote:

Are you taking the piss? I live slap bang in Rivervalley and my entire neighbourhood knows what I do for a living (I have no problem going to and from work in uniform) including the so called scum and my house or car have never been touched.

The worst I have come across is drinking in the area by a few little pricks but compared to Sheriff Street, Neilstown and Dunsink these guys are babies!

I agree with most comments here, theres no area in Dublin that doesnt have a bad element but most of them would wet themselves if you actually stood up against them.

Advertisement