Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import a shotgun from the UK.

Options
  • 02-04-2006 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

I'm considering importing a shotgun from the UK.
    Does anyone have any tips before I contact the relevant authorities to find out what the official requirements are?

E.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭boudica

Hi mayhem
    To import a fire arm from the u.k you will need to get your licence from you local garda firearms officer first.
    When you have that in your mits, down load a copy of the firearms importation form from the dept of justice web site and send it with a copy of your licence to the dept of justice firearms section, ( I HAVE TALKED TO THESE PEOPLE ON THE PHONE, VERY HELPFUL PEOPLE ).

They then will send you an importation document within two weeks.

I am at the moment importing a custom built rifle from the u.k. so i am going through the process as i write this.
    I did the same this time last year importing my .303 rifle.

if you are collecting the shotgun youself from the u.k. you may need a uk permit to collect it, and posably an EFP plus your irish licence.

P.M ME IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS THIS FUTHER, I TRAVEL TO THE U.K REGULARLY TO SHOOT SHOTGUN AND RIFLE.
    I hope this is of some help to you

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Croppy Boy

I have imported several shotguns from Britain over the past few years. You need to apply for a firearms cert from your local Gardai and an import cert from the Dept of Justice. When you have the Import Cert, send it to the supplier in Britain and he can send you the gun direct by post attaching the cert to the outside of the parcel.

Try copying and pasting this address in your address bar, it should get you the application form for importation of firearms. http://www.justice.ie/80256E01003A21A5/vWeb/flJUSQ5YJEUW-ga/$File/FormGFILresident.pdf

Advertisement