Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sealing coach emergency exits

• 02-04-2006 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

I have been on a coach a few times - it was one of those coaches that have an emergency half way down on the right in the cente and at the very back just before the 5 seats on the left. However, the emergency exit half way down had had the stairway down to the emergency exit covered and a seat screwed to where the space used to be i.e. there were 2 extra seats - is this allowed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Not allowed if its an emergency exit - Report him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There are plenty of coaches like that, including more than a few in the Bus Eireann fleet (particularily, it seems on models cascaded from the CIE Tours fleet to standard service). I guess it is allowed, if not particularily sensible. Allows for higher density seating, I suppose - once the other exits are operable, the middle one is probably surplus to the legal requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Not allowed if its an emergency exit - Report him

Not true, a second emergency exit does not have to be provided at all.

A centre drivers side exit is often provided in addition to the rear emergency exit. It is not required by law and is perfectly legal to block up.

Bus Eireann tour coaches have them on some coaches as the rear exit is not at ground level and a regular passenger exit is required on both sides. When they transfer them to service use an offside exit is not required so they remove them and permenently pannel up the gap.

Advertisement