Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Astra problem

Options
  • 02-04-2006 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi

I've just bought a second hand 00 Astra Sport 1.4 16v
    The remote central locking isn't working on it. When I bought the car the light on the key didn't light up when you press open or close so got a new 3v battery in a car shop, but still no look.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Check or get the owners manuel it tells you how to reset the key there.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Unfortunatly didn't get the owners manual

Anyone have it to help me out?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

KeithMur wrote:
    Unfortunatly didn't get the owners manual

Anyone have it to help me out?

Put the key in the ignition, turn it one position forward, press the 'lock' button on the key ( at this point I can't remember if its once or twice) within 30 seconds of turning the key, doors should lock/unlock and key should be reset.

I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Thanks alot, that worked a treat

Fair play to ya.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

You know if you get into the car turn the key to the power on position, push the drivers door lock button down, pull it back up again and then push it back down, start the car and the car will idle roughly up to 1.5k revs then after exactly two mins the idle will settle down - you have just re-set the cars ECU. Astra 98-04.

• Advertisement
Advertisement