Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback Please

Options
  • 02-04-2006 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone got tattoo from John "Pluto" Hyland in Dublin ?

http://www.tattoodublin.com

Any feedback welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Haven't got a tat from him but from his gallery he looks fairly alright needs to work on his placements a bit methinks though but should be fine for blackwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Oh yeah that place on dorset st. despite walking past it for a year when I lived in drumcondra I never once went in. From the photos they had up they seemed very good at traditional style tattoos and stuff but I don't much about them. Hopefully someone on boards has actually gotten a tattoo and can tell you more..

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Haven't got a tat from him but from his gallery he looks fairly alright needs to work on his placements a bit methinks though but should be fine for blackwork.

Thanks for the feedback amazingemmet.

When you say he needs to work on his "placements" what does this mean ??

When getting a tattoo is it advisable to go around different shops
    and see what they come up with. It is a custom blackwork tattoo im getting so
    I have a rough idea what I want but at the end of the day Im not a tattoo
    artist so Im sort of trusting the artist. Is this okay ??

Placement in this situation means how the tattoo fits the body. His just seem like there's a spot the tattoo goes there as opposed to making it fit in line with the body. I find placement to be one of the more important things about a tattoo. If your going for blackwork might i suggest zulu in temple bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Thanks, I think I will give them a look. Will I request any one of them in particular or are they all good.

• Advertisement

I got a tribal half sleeve done with sean i brought in a design i done my self and then we messed around with it and i turned out perfect. But they're all fairly good in there.

Advertisement