Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a pull-through...

Options
  • 02-04-2006 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a .22 pull-through; does anyone know a shop (online, or near Dublin) where I could get one?

By pull through, I mean: An eye, for putting a piece of cleaning cloth through, connected by a string to a weight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Just ask or do a search for a bore snake ..

It's made in a bunch of calibres , excellent product.
    Most gun shops in Ireland have them .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Just be careful to not let the cord drag off the crown of the barrel as you pull through...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 KerryShooter

Yeah i'd have to agree, Hoppes Boresnake is fantastic, i use one on my shotguns, does a fantastic job, recommend them to anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Great for shotguns, not to be relied open for rifle cleaning.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Jim_No.6

Keelan wrote:
    Great for shotguns, not to be relied open for rifle cleaning.;)

This quote worries me. What tends to happen?

Alternately, can anyone answer the OP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Great for shotguns, not to be relied open for rifle cleaning

Any form of "Pull through" for a rifle is a quick fix to get the worst of the dirt off, as these go..the bore snake is pretty good. Proper rifle cleaning .. would involve the use of a cleaning rod , a rod guide , patches , and your choice of solvents to remove whatever residue you need to remove , some are better at removing powder fouling , some are good at removing lead and others are excellent at removing copper.

Here's a link to more info...

http://www.mohighpower.com/Cleaning.htm

And a discussion on various cleaning products...

http://www.frfrogspad.com/cleaners.htm

You can get as involved as you like in all this...
    I know several .22 shooters who clean their barrel as little as possible ..
    and some who make a hobby of it..:rolleyes:

Advertisement