Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bored, odd musings - Spoilers if you havent watched season2

• 02-04-2006 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭

Okey doke so it's only 6 months or so to go.....Here are just a few ideas that have been ticking over in the wee noggin' to fill the BSG void.

1. 12 Colonies because of their belief in the 12 gods. But there are also 12 Cylon models. Also the Cylons knew a lot more about Kobol's history than the humans. This implies a few things. Namely that they had probably already been there or were in contact with those that had. A recurring point with the more philosophical cylons is that it has all happened before, and we know there was some cataclysm that forced the evacuation of Kobol itself. What if the exodus was the result of a similar war, their Gods were advanced AI's and what we see now as the Humans are actually earlier equivalents of the Cylon-Human models. This would also explain why one tribe went completely the other way and did not give clear directions to Earth, an armistice of sorts but a definite parting of ways. Also a civilisation advanced enough for space travel would have reliable recordings of their history so there was something the new colonists wanted to hide from their successors. Soooo I'm thinking (For what vague ideas are worth) that either the Gods were AI's that were either rediscovered by the cylons or they actively sought them out. The cylon models are either modelled after or are direct genetic clones of the original organic bodies of the supposed gods (Whether they were AI's housed in organic bodies or I'm wrong and they were naturally humanoid I do think they are the basis for the models).
    Edit: 1b: Crazy Baltar's 6-in-his-head, we've seen too many points to prove she exists in some way (her predictions, one of the 6 models showing up in person early on etc.) but we now know that despite what she claims she is not the one he fell in love with in Caprica, as she has her own Baltar-In-Her-Head. Both virtual identities are strongly influencing 2 very important characters in each society. One pushing Baltar to virtually cripple humanity and the other pushing for peace, both effectively drawing the species together and placing a strong emphasis on interbreeding in the process. If human Cylons do not have any mechnical parts (Since they are only different to the 'real' humans on a very low cellular level (The bloodwork etc.) and we do know they have the means to communicate anyway then we know they have some biological traits to allow it (Sharon-2 transmitting the virus to a Cylon fleet, the simple download process). I don't think Baltar is a Cylon model as there would have been no need to have Caprica-6 seduce him in the first place. So unless the 2 in-the-head identities are a tremendous conceit in giving 2 different characters an identical Psychosis then we have 2 virtual identities using the same means to communicate with both 'human' and cylon, again backing up my idea that the Human race as we see it is in itself a Hybrid.

2. The more I think about the finale the more I believe it isn't a dream. It's WAY too obvious even though they've taken such drastic turns with the story. But at the same time where do they go with a run down way undermanned fleet on the loose and an overwhelming Cylon force occupying the planet. We don't know what happened with the Cylons for an entire year, we do know that not every Cylon agreed with the original 6/Sharon new view. Also the show has closely followed the current world situation in regards to martyrdom/terrorism etc. To me a Civil war seems logical, and those that jumped to New Caprica are what's left of the rebel cylon movement. It gives a potentially action packed plausable way for the human fleet to reform.

Anyway, thats about it. Like I said just airimg some random thoughts.

Advertisement