Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dealing with rust!

Options
  • 02-04-2006 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Was washing my car the other day and a small patch of paintwork on the drivers door just fell off:eek:

I treated it with 'Krust' and it seems to have done what it should but how should I go about painting over it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

What year and make is the car? Most cars nowadays come with 10 years or more no rust gurantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Its a 98 VW Polo, bought it at the start of the year. How can I find out if it has this guarentee? call a VW dealer maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Go to a dealer and let them look at it. Been a VW i'm sure it'll be covered maybe someone can confirm this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Sounds like the paintwork was damaged so they don't have to do anything as far as I know.

Advertisement