Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More iPod trouble

Options
  • 02-04-2006 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Sounds like your battery is out of juice. Have you tried fully charging your iPod? If your battery is flat, it will not function until it is charged to a certain percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

If you only got the iPod last July, send it back to Apple as it should still be under warranty...

If the battery is the only part of that's that new, well, it could be a lot of things.

Can you verify that your charger is providing enough power (say, by charging someone else's iPod with it?)

By the way, what do you mean by a "fold"?

Did you try restoring it to factory settings with the iPod updater thingy? (can't remember if this nukes the drive contents or not, think it does?)

Just in case it helps: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705

Gadget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Also try charging your iPod using your USB lead - if it charges, it may implicate your AC adaptor is faulty and not your iPod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

That message means that the iPod can't find some important file on the disk (quite probably the primary database, as the iPod renames all of the files it stores on the disk and uses a database to track tag data, playlists, etc.)

(As far as I've seen, this happens from time to time with EphPod, SharePod, stuff like that)

You should use the iPod updater to restore the thing to the factory spec. See the Apple article I linked to above for how to get the updater, and you'll find instructions with it to perform the process.

Like I said above, I'm not sure whether this will nuke your music, so make sure first :)

Hope this helps,
    Gadget

Advertisement