Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone insured with FBD ??

Options
  • 03-04-2006 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Long story short. Girlfriend got a new bike. HOme ins is with FBD, she rang up to put it under house ins but was told they wont insure it. its a gt avalanche bought for 250. They said its covered if its nicked from house only.
    Any one any ideas on how to get it fully covered,cos when i got a bike stolen i claimed it off my ins and there were no probs (hibernian)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

When I was shopping around for house insurance I found FPD's bike cover to be among the worst. Ironic considering they sponsor Irelands biggest bike race (Milk Rás). When is it up for renewal - it would be a good time to change providers and to tell them why.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Contact the AA. I have my house and car insurance via them (AA is only a broker). The house insurance is actually with Royal Sun Alliance, they were the only one which would insure my expensive racing bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I have a contents policy with FBD and rang up to get a quote for all-risks cover on a new bike, i.e. insurance against any damage or loss including outside the home. They quoted me roughly €15 on top of my existing policy which I thought was a very good deal. I put the bike on cover and they invoiced me for €96, saying it was a standard percentage value and whomever I talked to on the phone must have got it wrong. Unfortunately I didn't take the name of the person, or the time and date on which I was talking to them. Removed bike from policy rather than pay that.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭avalanche

chickenfood, just a question, this is going back a while but i had an avalanche red with shox, slick tyres and xt chainset nicked a while back which i paid around 1000 for and the price of yours seems pretty good. out of curiousity can you confirm that this is not my old beloved machine?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

anyone know if cycling Ireland Cover bike insurance.

I know from various cycling magazines that there is private bike insurance from various companies in the UK, but they dont cover Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

daymobrew wrote: »
    Contact the AA. I have my house and car insurance via them (AA is only a broker). The house insurance is actually with Royal Sun Alliance, they were the only one which would insure my expensive racing bike.

What kind of coverage of your bike does this give you? Does it cover theft from outside the grounds of your house? Do they list circumstances under which it is not covered?

Advertisement