Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hibernian Ignition Test

Options
  • 03-04-2006 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm half thinking of doing the hibernian ignition test.

Has anyone ever done it before?? Is it just like doing your driving test all over again?

Is it mainly presentations\classroom stuff or is there a lot of driving involved??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

jamieh wrote:
    Hey all,

I'm half thinking of doing the hibernian ignition test.

Has anyone ever done it before?? Is it just like doing your driving test all over again?

Is it mainly presentations\classroom stuff or is there a lot of driving involved??

its really easy i di it and passed.its not really like doing a full driving test.its more relaxed

it is half classroom and half driving.

fir the driving bit you wull be with the instructor and 1 other person and you will take turns to drive around the area.

the best advice is just drive normally and donot panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Nice one!! And is it worth while?? ie. Is there a worthwhile drop in the insurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

jamieh wrote:
    Nice one!! And is it worth while?? ie. Is there a worthwhile drop in the insurance?
    yes i thought there was as i was only 18 and got around 30% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Im going to do it 2moro- from what I hear it isnt too hard and its well worth it. The sales girl told me if I passed I would be paying 660 euro for TPF&T, female aged 19, first policy but named driver for 3 years on an eagle star policy, 2 years with a full licence. Pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

You will have to narrate your driving and observations....which I actually found quite difficult...like you have to tell the tester when you see potential dangers ahead etc...
    (I passed it nonetheless)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

I did it a year ago and to be honest I wouldn't bother my arse with it.

Get a quote from Quinn Direct first and see if there's a huge difference - my guess is that Hibernian might be SLIGHTLY cheaper but not by a considerable amount.

IMO It's fixed so that you pay the same amount regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

drdre wrote:
    its really easy

I failed :o but I think it had more to do with the fact I said I hated taxi drivers, turned out my tester was ex taxi driver

Advertisement