Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nile, the debate.

• 01-04-2006 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭

Nile play all their stuff in Drop A, as far as i know

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Shame Nile arent very good :)
    Seen them in TBMC live, not too bad of live show, but one of their supports (incantation) were simply far better, and I felt somewhat disappointed with Nile afterwards.

If you want some technical death metal Mithras and Necrophagist are simply miles ahead of them, Mithras in song writing, and Necrophagist in sheer technical brilliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pugsley wrote:
    Shame Nile arent very good :)
    Seen them in TBMC live, not too bad of live show, but one of their supports (incantation) were simply far better, and I felt somewhat disappointed with Nile afterwards.

If you want some technical death metal Mithras and Necrophagist are simply miles ahead of them, Mithras in song writing, and Necrophagist in sheer technical brilliance.

Oh come off it! True, both Mithras and Necrophagist are superior bands, but Nile have their own little niche cut out and they're great at what they do. I can easily just stick on any of their albums, and really get into that Death Metal groove they've got going on. Annihiliation of the Wicked is a class album.

Right, I split this off from the other thread, as we're really opening up a whole new can of worms here.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I think some of their stuff is great. There is nothing mind blowing about them, but they are different and a breath of fresh air for death metal. Personally I don't want to be hearing the same shít over and over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Upom hearing sacrifice unto sebek i was like woa that ****s heavy, real ****ing heavy.Then i really really got into that song and when i get the album off steeob i was really disapointed in the way its very repetitive stuff on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

Nile are great, the one thing i WILL say against them is that i really dont like the lack of clarity in the tone. i guess i can see what people dont like in them, but i think they kick ass. i love Necrophagist too, but again i could point out tonal problems. there are some fantastic live vids here

• Advertisement
Advertisement