Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MNSCI New "wind Mill" Range

Options
  • 03-04-2006 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

I poped down to the MNSCI ranges today to do a little practice on the 600 yards, well boys and girls it is fantastic, the new "WIND MILL" range as it is now called, is a sight for a rifle shooters score eyes.

THE WORK DONE BY THE LADS IS A CREDIT TO ALL INVOLVED.
    ALL THE FIRING POINTS ARE NOW COVERED IN GRASS, AS IF BY MAGIC.

The ground between each of the firing points and the targets is cleared and level and looks very fresh, this to will be grassed over in the coming weeks.

4 Wind flags are to be installed during this week.

Each firing point can cater for up to 50 shooters at a time, and this is to increase before the end of the year.
    All this with the new target system installed has no equal in Ireland for the long range rifle shooter and now makes it one of the premier long range rifle ranges in these Islands
    I look forward to the international between ENGLAND, SCOTLAND AND THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND

Well done again the MNSCI.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Any photos boudica?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭boudica

YES SPARKS,
    PHOTO'S WILL BE POSTED ON THE www.nrai.ie web site ( who are the national governing body for F-CLASS, FULBORE TARGET RIFLE AND MATCH RIFLE IN THE REPUBLIC of IRELAND ) on monday next after the f-class league match.

I hope it will be a sunny day as I am trying to organise an aerial photo from my daddy's hellicopter which I hope will be available for the day.
    GOURGOUS
    BOUDICA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 springer

I visited the Midlands last Saturday and I must say the new fullbore range is coming on a sight ,thats for sure.The new roll -on grass on the firing points are great , it really looks like a green carpet rolled out.This move is great but what about keeping it mowed there is a lot of grass there , looks like an investment for a ride on mower is the next move for the Midlands :)

I wont be entering the International F class shoot this year (unfortunately not enough practice put in :) ) However I have put my name forward to help out with the targets for the three days.The only thing about this job that I dont like is that I wont be able to watch the international shooters in action.

By the way I really like the new name for the fullbore range "Windmill Range" seems very appropriate to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

I see you are continuing to use this board to advertise your business and your association Boudica. I also see that you are still unable to spell. Should the prohibition against peddling goods on this board also apply to blatant selling of commercial clubs as opposed to disseminating information?

Leupold, should we ban people who promote Courtlough as well? Or East Coast Shooting or Hilltop or Wilkinstown? I don't know of any club in the country that doesn't charge membership fees and precious few who don't charge range fees. I think you need to make your case better.

Also, as a general note, knock off the ad hominems. That goes for everyone. We're not twelve-year-olds, we are more than capable of even extreme disagreement while keeping a civil tongue in our heads.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭Leupold

It is the degree of peddling which is so blatant Sparks. The other clubs(or businesses) get a mention every now and then but it looks to me as if the MNSCI has a PR programme going so that a number of their chosen ones regularly post on the board saying:
    1. What a nice range it is,
    2. What the latest developments are.
    3. What "open" competitions are running, at Euro 50 a go.
    4. How nice and friendly everyone involved is.
    5. Culminating in an invitation to "come on down"
    Would you not agree that this is a regular occurrance?

Frankly Leupold, at varying times I could say the same thing about any of the ranges mentioned above, and I've been guilty of the same "offence" for DURC and WTSC (do I need to go search for references?). But I don't see how thinking that your home range is nice and encouraging people to show up there to try the sport out, or letting people know what matches are on there, can be a bad thing.

(BTW, every match I've ever been to has had an entry fee, from €2 for student clubs running internal matches right through to NTSA national championships, the sole exception being the Intervarsity match)

If you think there's a PR program going on, and you're worried enough to think it's working, why don't you get your home range to engage in a similar program and try the same thing? Why would you want a club that's actively promoting itself and trying to do better to stop? What good would that do the sport in the long term?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

And if they were keeping it secret, you'd be bitching too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭toshiba1

Best of Luck with the new Range. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flankerb

Hi, the biggest thing I have found with shooting in ireland is there is not enough advertising or promotion of it. I dont think this sort of promotion is detrimental to the ideals and rules of the boards. The thing I like most about boards.ie is the fact that you can get this sort of information. We dont want shooting to remain in the dark ages of the troubles. If we dont promote the sport there will be less people getting involved that leads to less facilities, less money being spent on equipment and ammo so dealers will have less stock and poor selection guns. Then we will be back in the O'Malley age. Dont shoot the messenger is all I am saying.;) Karl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

boudica wrote:
    PHOTO'S WILL BE POSTED ON THE www.nrai.ie web site ( who are the national governing body for F-CLASS, FULBORE TARGET RIFLE AND MATCH RIFLE IN THE REPUBLIC of IRELAND ) on monday next after the f-class league match.

Any chance off some photos of the finished range.. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 springer

Boudica ,
    Will the Midlands Range ever finish developing ? :)
    Ill be watching the deer competence course on Sat. next, like the last one I watched they will have 16 life size deer targets working from the new butt system.
    Would it be possible to have a photo of this and have it in place on the N.R.A.i website ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 b52

Hi Springer,
    The Deer Society Course that you are talking about,I have to take part in it on Saturday. Any idea of the format for the day.16 life size deer targets, will they all be used at the one time and also any idea how many shooters are taking part?
    PS cant wait to see this new range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

16 life size deer targets, will they all be used at the one time

Only if they want to see how you react if the deer .. "rush you" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭boudica

Well springer, development and improvement are two key words for the MNSCI
    on its ranges and for its members.
    We will get a photo on the site hopfully next week of the deer targets......where's my daddy's camera?

Advertisement