Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My goodness me (Greetings)

Options
  • 03-04-2006 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Excuse the pun, but wow.

I really had no idea there were many other people on the Island playing WoW.

I just randomly had a wee search through Yahoo there and I see this forum.

Hello to you all :)

I have a level 60 Mage on Dunemaul (EU) and I really wish I'd gone and found this forum long before I got him so decked out and in a big ridiculous raiding guild.

Little about me, I am a "Commander" (beurocratic heirarchies in guilds are crap but bear with me) in a guild called "Fate". We do AQ, BWL, MC, ZG etc, top alliance guild on our server yadda yadda yadda (still only 4/8 netherwind though:().

Few other Irish people in my server, mainly because they are RL friends who have become hooked on WoW too :P

Anyway, what's the craic with ye's all, it's good to see a little community of you's in existance :)

All the best,
    Chomsky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

chomsky wrote:
    Excuse the pun, but wow.

I really had no idea there were many other people on the Island playing WoW.

I just randomly had a wee search through Yahoo there and I see this forum.

Hello to you all :)

I have a level 60 Mage on Dunemaul (EU) and I really wish I'd gone and found this forum long before I got him so decked out and in a big ridiculous raiding guild.

Little about me, I am a "Commander" (beurocratic heirarchies in guilds are crap but bear with me) in a guild called "Fate". We do AQ, BWL, MC, ZG etc, top alliance guild on our server yadda yadda yadda (still only 4/8 netherwind though:().

Few other Irish people in my server, mainly because they are RL friends who have become hooked on WoW too :P

Anyway, what's the craic with ye's all, it's good to see a little community of you's in existance :)

All the best,
    Chomsky

Welcome! theres a couple of nice people here who just want to talk about WoW, even if it's nothing important or just something to talk about in general. But a couple are just assholes who will offer no constructive feedback and just rape your threads at every opportunity! They say that you are posting crap, yet they answer every one of your posts with even worse crap. Enjoy bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Hello :D
    You'll have to excuse Barton Prince, his particular... em "history" is not fill with roses and happy faces. Have a look around before making any real decisions and make up your own mind. Also, I'd recommend reading the charter before posting as once you get a bad reputation it tends to stick to you. Just ask Barton.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Hi chomsky - welcome :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Welcome to you !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

:) Welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Gimme back my gold, whoever you are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

hows a going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Chomsky...

Evernight might take offence to you calling "Fate" the best alliance guild on the server ;)

But good to see others here on boards.

WellyJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 chomsky

Dunno who that is, and he can take offence all he wants! the results have spoken for themselves since day 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Chomsky ... my apologies to you hehe

"Fate" just happens to be a guild on my server also and i didnt notice your server name in the original post.

"Fate" on my server, although fairly successful, are a little behind 2 other alliance guilds one of which i'm a member of :D

SO my mistake, carry on owning the Horde mate ;)

WellyJ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 chomsky

Np mate :) I was just jesting mainly anyhoo.

Funny story though, my guild just had a major implosion (caused by me and 2 other officers seeing things in a totally different way).

As such, I think all 3 of us are leaving, and given that we lead the raids and the guild is split about 50/50 in their opinions of who's right, it's going to be a very testing few weeks, where I may end up just getting bored of the crap and rerolling horde.

We shall see :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Eeps. Not good chomsky. I've been an officer in guild since early days and been through 2 major bust ups. It always hurts. And does take time to come back from it. More recently it resulted in a whole lot of people quitting wow full stop. Problem mainly seems to stem from 2 things, different lvls of maturity. The younger players annoying the older and vice versa. And then different amounts of time to play. Some people play all day, every day. Whereas others only have a few evenings a week. This just leads to many problems, esp in larger raiding guilds and it's never easy.

I'll keep my fingers crossed things will pan out alright for you. It just comes with the territory in larger guilds, and esp when you're an officer and have people coming at you from a few different directions. Good luck mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

RopeDrink wrote:
    Howdy do.
    More Green, White and Gold playing WoW, eh?

Now, back to figuring out how to remove the green and white, so I can keep the gold... Hmmm.

Your flag must have faded in the wash ... mine's Green, White and Orange :p

Welcome chomsky

Advertisement