Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural Gas Conversion

Options
  • 03-04-2006 4:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I'm looking at buying a new house and was wondering roughly how much a conversion from oil to gas central heating would cost. I'd probably only be looking at a new boiler as the rads all look to be in reasonable nick. The house itself is a mid sized 3 bed semi so I imagine it wouldn't need a very big boiler. Anyway if anyone has any ball park figures it may help me with my sums.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

craggel wrote:
    I'm looking at buying a new house and was wondering roughly how much a conversion from oil to gas central heating would cost. I'd probably only be looking at a new boiler as the rads all look to be in reasonable nick. The house itself is a mid sized 3 bed semi so I imagine it wouldn't need a very big boiler. Anyway if anyone has any ball park figures it may help me with my sums.
    Thanks

Am building an extension at the minute and have a rough estimate of what costs you make see.

Gas to house --euro 250 from an bord gas
    Boiler -- approx e700-e1000 internal boiler with flues
    Plumber to connect external box to new boiler -- guess at e800.
    Connection from new boiler to existing pipes --?? depends on work.

This pure rough guess - but no doubt will get better range of prices come morning.

Advertisement