Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smells Like a Sellout

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Dave Grohl is a D**khead for the following reasons:

1. He is constantly trying to be funny. Any time he is ever interviewed he pisses me off.

2. Foo Fighters are sh!t and he cant sing.

3. His lyrics are dire.

4. He is the Phil Collins of soft rock.

5. They are sh!t live.

6. He had very little influence on the music of Nirvana and if Kurt had lived, he would have been sacked.

7. For a great "friend" of Kurt, why does he spend most of his time bad mouthing his wife and mother of his daughter?

8. He only deserves 2% of the money because he was basically just a hired hand ( Novaselic should have about 10%)

There, is that enough.

Seen as I dont give a Sh1t about your comments, probably not!

SeeING. The bloody word is "seeing". If you're going to engage in this idiocy, could you at least PLEASE make an effort to spell words correctly.
    Seen and seeing are two different words. Go look them up instead of whining about Nirvana.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Dave Grohl is a D**khead for the following reasons:

1. He is constantly trying to be funny. Any time he is ever interviewed he pisses me off.

2. Foo Fighters are sh!t and he cant sing.

3. His lyrics are dire.

5. They are sh!t live.

6. He had very little influence on the music of Nirvana and if Kurt had lived, he would have been sacked.

7. For a great "friend" of Kurt, why does he spend most of his time bad mouthing his wife and mother of his daughter?

8. He only deserves 2% of the money because he was basically just a hired hand ( Novaselic should have about 10%)

There, is that enough.
    Well there you have it folks. I don't see how Dave Grohl can show his face in public after this series of scathing putdowns from the internet at large. For shame, Dave, for shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Wow, that's pretty harsh on Dave, guess he'll just have to turn to his millions of fans and massive bank account for support in these difficult times. Even as we I'd say Dave is dying, just a little, inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

ha ha ha ha............. ( I dont agree, but thats funny)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Isn't that a bit of a tautology? Unless Phil Collins has embarked upon a new drill'n'bass direction that I'm unaware of.

Does this leave the door open for someone becoming "the Celine Dion of sappy ballads"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

Lords of the Underworld!
    Darkness fills my heart with pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

bluewolf wrote:
    SeeING. The bloody word is "seeing". If you're going to engage in this idiocy, could you at least PLEASE make an effort to spell words correctly.
    Seen and seeing are two different words. Go look them up instead of whining about Nirvana.

Why do my spelling mistakes mean so much to you? I sure as hell wouldnt be the first or last person to type something and not read over it.
    I wonder have you nothing better to do than correct other peoples mails?? You must be one of them English teachers with too much time on his hands! :rolleyes:

Plus whining?? Ahem... your whining over my spelling mistake! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Morrissey

this 'sellout' thing is so ****in juvenile. Sounds like stupid impressionable grunge kids thinking that they know all about dignity and the way music works. bull****. wannabe kurt cobains, who don't wash, wear the same manky jumper all the time, then think that they're like connected to him man! Go throw your televisions out of the window or trash a hotel room. That whole 'sellout' ****e is not rock and roll either.

Here's a thought, let her make as much money from him as she can. I'm sure he wouldn't begrudge her a few million here and there to take care of the daughter he left without a father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh talk about a time warp thread.
    So what ? really who cares ?
    tis not like there are the door's revamped boxsets, or blacksabbath or Trex.
    Standard music industry practice either to make more money or to raise awareness of the artist and the value of the back cataloge.
    Every generation has thier musical deaths from buddy holly, Janis joplin, mark boland, john lennon and kurt 'I don't have a gun' cobain.
    It is so same old same old really your not the first generation to have someone who understood your teen angst die.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

how many nirvana fans who claim that all the box sets etc being brought out were symbols of sell out actually go out and buy them? or did ye protest can stuck to all th ealbums ye have? if ye are winging about sell out, well then didnt ye contribute to it.

look at the beatles, they stop in 1970, look how many bootlegs,greatest hits, and anthologies they brought out.only for them i wouldnt have got so into them.

theres alot of elvis stuff out there too/

these sets and boxes or whatever come out because there is a demand for them, by the fans, the people who own the rights to the songs are merely giving them want they want. ye they profit but thats their priviledge they own the rights to the music, but hey it means a new generation will listen to the bands of before.

as for the sell out crap, bands go out to make a living, their entitled to earn as much ass they can why not. how many bands would refuse an oppurtunity to play in front of 80,000 or more two nights in a row? how many of them would say ah thats ok i will give he ticket proceeds and tshirt sells to charity. even the so called lord saviour bono wouldnt do that. though i dont see why a band should charge E60 to see them unless it was slane

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Sell out? Why do people use that term? Pretentiousness. Get a life. In my opinion, Nirvana were an overrated bunch of whingers who happened to be in the right place at the right time. Cobain obviously didn't care too much about angsty fans or selling out when he put that gun to his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

even the so called lord saviour bono wouldnt do that.
    Didn't Bono (U2) offer to do a free concert in the Phoenix Park a few years back but was refused by DCC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

The stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. I bet u like Oasis or Boyzone.... and clearly know feck all about music!

I may never browse this forum again.

a) Having a certain opinion has no bearing on your tastes...well not necessarily
    b) There's nothing wrong with liking famous bands, because it's not about being into obscure music. And if it was, I'd beat you.
    c) Good or bad is relative, I probably hate every band you listen to
    d) There's worse stuff out there than Oasis

Advertisement