Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Problem

Options
  • 03-04-2006 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Ok, I just got Half Life (legit) set up my account. I updated Half Life online like it said to, it kept disconnecting every 2 or 3 minutes giving me the error "Steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers", this didn't bother me at first because it updated after only reconnecting a few times.

But now I want to play CSS, and it is still disconnecting and giving me the same issues. I've followed the Steam help page, and forwarded the relevant ports on my Eircom Netopia Router. I've turned off uPnP aswell and any background applications that might be running. I've checked the steam status page and their servers have been fully operational.

I'm at my wits end with this because I have to sit at my computer and click "retry connection" everytime i get the warning. Is there anyway to Automatically set it to retry the connection, or is there a solution to this problem that I haven't tried yet. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement