Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Windows

Options
  • 03-04-2006 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where you can get those German hardwood windows that i've seen around lately?

They have an excellent U value performance and are supposed to be very high quality. Anyone know who does them?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

The agent for Ireland is based in Killarney, I have his contact details some where.
    Do a search for windows here, as his products were on a thread here within the last 6-8 months.

kadman:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Thanks Kadman!

I'll try a search on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sakigrant

I got the windows you are after installed about 8 months ago. The guys name is Andreas and he gets the windows in from Germany - they are Sorpetelar and have a U-value of 1.1. His number is 064 36633. You can check them out on www.sorpetaler.com . We're really happy with them, reasonable cost, great finish, extremely warm. In addition Andreas was great, very reliable and approachable. We got 12 windows, 1 set of french doors and our front door from him and it cost around 12 K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Tobi2

We have these too. Love them.
    Tobi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Thanks - very interesting. Particularly that U-value 1.1 - my existing single glazed windows are quoted at 5.7 so that must make a huge difference.

That guy you're quoting seems to have a country phone no. (Kerry way ?) .

I wonder does he do work in Dublin ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Tobi2

Afaik, he travels the length and breadth of our green isle.
    I know people in Meath who were interested and he had no probs getting to them.
    hth
    Best of luck
    Tobi

Advertisement