Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart telecom in Royal Canal Park

• 03-04-2006 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anybody here lives in Royal canal park, and if they have tried to get SMart telecom?

I am considering getting my Eircom line activated, but don't really want to stay with them, and would want to switch pretty much straight away to a different provider.

any info would be great on this

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

A collaegue of mine lives in RCP asnd can't get BB at all, including Eircom DSL!!! So good luck to you, maybe you will have better luck.

To get Smart I believe you need to conenct to Eircom first and then change over to Smart, you could always ring Smart and ask.

BTW please let me know if you maanage to get BB as my colleague would be very interested in and details.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Smart can apparently organise connections now ..a new one on me but there ya go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

I know that RCP is a bit of a bitch at the moment, and according to cablewatch (the guys who do the cable TV) it is because Eircom haven't release the exchange it is linked to yet.

Cablewatch do offer broadband, but it is a joke, <snip>.
    am lucky enough to have the penthouse, and have got a IBB antenna on top but am going to be replacing it due to problems with the management and with **** support from IBB's side (4MBit business line for 200 and something odd Euros and they can't even keep the connecion running stabily)

but if I find something out, will let you know

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Gilgamesh wrote:
    I know that RCP is a bit of a bitch at the moment, and according to cablewatch (the guys who do the cable TV) it is because Eircom haven't release the exchange it is linked to yet.

Hi any idea what the story is in Earlswood Court, the development next to RCP. Do Cablewatch do the TV there also?

What are Cablewatch TV packages like?

I simply can't understand why Comreg lets <snip> like this and Broadworks operate analogue only services. It is plain stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

bk wrote:
    Hi any idea what the story is in Earlswood Court, the development next to RCP. Do Cablewatch do the TV there also?

What are Cablewatch TV packages like?

I simply can't understand why Comreg lets cowboys like this and Broadworks operate analogue only services. It is plain stupid.

Its also plain cheap!

• Advertisement

zuma wrote:
    Its also plain cheap!

Personally I'd take quality over cheap any day. I'd rather 120 Digital channels for €30, then 20 crappy analogue channels for €15, cheap doesn't come into it after you've just paid lots of €€€€€€ for a new apartment.

bk wrote:
    Personally I'd take quality over cheap any day. I'd rather 120 Digital channels for €30, then 20 crappy analogue channels for €15, cheap doesn't come into it after you've just paid lots of €€€€€€ for a new apartment.

completely agree, at the moment I am paying roughly 260 Euros for an IBB business line, and having fights with the managment every now an then about the literally invisible antenna on my roof, but IBB is the only option I have and a decent connection is needed for work purposes too.
    so the cost isn't much an issue, and I do agree, I would easily spend 60 Euros a month to get digital if it must be, but I can't get it anywhere.
    I contacted sky recently too and they said I would need written consent from the Management of the building before they could even make me an offer.

tbh I am not sure if cablewatch is doing Earslwood, but wouldn't surprise me.
    just contact NTL and they will tell you

just thought I would give a quick update.
    Ericom and Cablewatch have confirmed that the Fibre exchange on which RCP is on, will be activated in 6 to 8 weeks.
    you can actually see the work going on in the river road, where it's exchange is installed

fingers crossed it won't take much linger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

as for telly try a Digiglobe maybe

also look at the contract, if the wording explicitly bans a "sky satellite dish" ....colour black and 60cm in Dublin ......you may get someone elses dish instead colour white and 90cm wide sure why not :p . Its not a "sky satellite dish" is it ???

Advertisement