Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 22- thoughts, reactions etc...

• 03-04-2006 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

I thought it was a very good show.
    If any of you missed it I'd try and get it somewhere. The Edge V Foley, MITB ladder match and Vince V Shawn are all must watch as well as the crowd heat for Cena v Trips which i was in the minority who hesitantly predicted correctly!

Another very special moment was the crowd reaction to Vickie Guerrero coming out for the hall of fame segment.

The only disappointing thing was the triple threat Smackdown main event got in total 9 minutes. Someone explain the logic in that to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

haven't seen it yet, but I'm a bastard for checking out spoilers, so gonna check it out as soon as I can. Cena going over is interesting, after the way he was booed at the hall of fame, it's hard to imagine wwe keeping him as a face champion.

And the smackdown main even being on before the raw one just pisses me off, 9 minutes for that? while vince v hbk got nearly 20!!!!!!

wwe just keeps on pissing on smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

9 minutes?????:confused: ok another diss to smackdown:mad:
    but hey rey won:D :D i'm nice and happy with him having the title.... i'm glad that vicky and chavo came out at the end of the match, that was a big time moment.
    i picked triple h to win, but there was sooo many rumours saying that triple h was going to take the wwe title that i was beginning to wonder that the wwe would go against the popular choice and leave cena as champ... i'm very pissed off about that :mad: seriously why is he still champ??? ppl heard the boos he got.... i didnt watch it, but i can imagine what kind of boos he got.. ikind of guessed as much the hardcore match and the no hold barred match would be excellent.. i it stole the show:D and vince giving shawn the middle finger at the end was funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

By the way it was booked their keeping Cena a good guy. JR repeatedly tried to get accross new fans (Cena) v old fans (Triple H), tradition v modern style etc.. Potentially it could work really well. Credit to Cena, in fairness to him they both delivered in the main event.

Other notes:
    Mickey James was hugely over. Trish got booed for no reason whatsoever.
    Rey got booed too but they popped for his win. His win should have felt way more special that it ended up being.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Very Entertaining all round actually!

Yeah Smackdown ME was too quick; kinda guessed that would happen when they were throwing spots around like billy-o at the start.

Tish and Mickie was more than fairly decent, and the Casket was saved by Undertaker doing his Superman Impression (Mark Henry really needs to be let go now though, surely, please??)

Really though Trips might get the win; but the Conan get up for his entrance.....WTF???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

maybe HHH will be taking time off soon. Steph is surely ready to pop soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

thought it wasa good wm was supprised to see rey get the win

Mossy Monk wrote:
    maybe HHH will be taking time off soon. Steph is surely ready to pop soon

she's not due until june. my aunt is due in june and she doesnt look as big as steph.. :eek:
    he might take some time off. but i would be surprized if he held the title for a month of two before that.... surely cena has to drop it at some point. he's been champ for over a year now..... batista's title run was fine.... but cena's is damn near ridiclious:mad:

Triple H and "his king of kings" gimmick is just beginning.

One way or another I see Triple H getting it sooner rather than later. Another thing they caught reactions of people in the crowd as the Trips v Cena match was on and some of them were just priceless. When Triple H tapped one guy's jaw literally dropped as if he had bet his mortgage on Trips winning.

Triple H and "his king of kings" gimmick is just beginning.

One way or another I see Triple H getting it sooner rather than later. Another thing they caught reactions of people in the crowd as the Trips v Cena match was on and some of them were just priceless. When Triple H tapped one guy's jaw literally dropped as if he had bet his mortgage on Trips winning.

:lol: he probably did.... i would have put a bet on triple h winning as well, seriously all those rumours flying about triple h was gonna win.... it was almost certain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Goog god - wrestlemania was all over the place - truely some highs and very low points

Kane/Show vs Masters/Carlito
    Great opening match - we are definitely going to see a Carlito turn sooner then later

MITB - strange this on so earlier . Good match overall - happy RVD won - really thought Lashley was going to win.

Chris Benoit vs. JBL - nice match - as always benoit can pull the best out of people. JBL as usual is using some of the best psychology in the ring - his "parady" of the the three amigos got him some instant heat

Edge vs. Mick Foley - I loved this match. Had a feeling it was either going to be good or very very bad. Foley is very out of shape, but as usual he gave 100% and Edge (like Orton before) took some nasty, nasty bumps and shots. Loved the finish.

Booker & Sharmell vs. Boogeyman - this was on PPV why?

Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James - this was going to be special when the crowd turned on Stratus. Mickie James is a breath of fresh air in the women's division - I wonder now will they bring back actual women's wrestling with feuding, etc. Or are we going to be left with MJ vs Trish part II

Undertaker vs. Mark Henry - Take goes 14-0. No big suprises there

Vince vs. Shawn - yay for the Spirit Sqaud, yay for the blood, yay for the Kendo shots to the head and yay to the finish - HBK really clipped Vince with that kick

Angle v Rey v Orton.
    Waaaay too short, why was it third to last? And yay I was right Rey won :)

Pillow Fight - WHAT IN THE FLYING BLUE HELL OF F**K is this on my screen?Why is this being classed as being higher then the previous match. WWE truely have disrespected Smackdown and the three guys who busted their asses before this abomination.

Cena vs HHH. Thought HHH was going to win it - especially when he came out looking like a camper version of Conan the Barbarian. The group I was watching this with nearly fell of our respecitve chairs. Crowd didnt like Cena a lot - but with the alternative being HHH, I was still in two minds who would win. Suprised HHH tapped out.

Thought it was a good card, but the low points really ruined it for me - especially some of the match placements and especially the damn Pillow Fight.

Cant wait for Raw and Smackdown this week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I had not watched wrestling in about 6 years because I thoyght it had turned to complete sh*te, but while i work the other day, cleaning up, I cast an eye to the screen where Foley was talking down to The Edge and his b*tch (I think it was Lita), so The Edge taked the bat from the tool box and runs at Foley in the ring, but Foley takes a barb wire 2*4 from the other tool box and The Edge runs scared. yeah, that got me back into it. they do more overacting than Jim Carey and Ryan Reynolds put together but it's great entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

I was very pleased with the show overall. Probably the best in about 3 years and worth the €21.95.

There were some good wrestlemania moments that will get played a few times. For me they were (in no particular order):

- Undertaker doing superman
    - HBK from 15ft to vince in a trashcan and through a table
    - Rey actually cheating while Angle got his second legit submission of the match
    - Mickie James grabbing Trish by the crotch and sticcking her tongue through her fingers
    - Ric Flair being suplexed from the top of the ladder and seemingly getting injured - then coming back later...
    - Mick Foley being speared through the ropes and through a burning table
    - Both HHH and HBK doing their DX crotch thingy - suggests DX is coming back to stimulate interest in WWE again

I was disappointed Kurt lost. I think Rey got it as a mark of respect to Eddie, so fair enough. I suspect Angle gets it back at the next pay-per-view.

Disappointed that HHH lost to Cena. I think WWE have created a monster. I mean it would be perfect for Cena to go heal, but the little kids out there would be devastated and would probably need therapy if he did.

There should be some interesting months ahead in WWE. Better buzz than for some time hopefully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ff101

the sooner triple h and steph mess up and get divorced the better,then triple h can get booted off the show. he obviously had input into SD getting a crappy nine minutes, his and cena's entrances took longer. that degraded the whole show in my opinion. that match should have been one of the best WM main events ever.and at the end when rey is celebrating on the turnbuckle the ref is telling him to hurry up and get out of the ring. the smackdown roster should have emptied out of the locker room to congratulate rey. it sickening when u consider how better SD is and how sh*t it is treated. there is also no point turning cena heel, coz thats not heat he's generating its contempt and hatred. the more they shove him down people's thraots the more they will grow to dislike him. on a final note the fans reaction to all the matches shows how out of touch wwe's booking deptartment are with fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I dont know what to make of the show at all. Some poinst were fantastic but some long periods were very very boring.

Kane/Show vs Masters/Carlito
    Good match. Only 6 minutes long though. Kane owned this one.

MITB - Im glad RVD won this one. Shelton showed that with the right personality training who could be massive. He was unbelievable in this match.

Chris Benoit vs. JBL - Good match. You wouldn't expect any different from these two. Nice ending with JBL cheating with the ropes.

Edge vs. Mick Foley - THIS wa FANTASTIC. Edge really went for it. Foley is crazy and the end spot was madness. I never thought I'd see that in the WWE.

Booker & Sharmell vs. Boogeyman - BULL****

Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James - I was all for Mickie here too. I guess the wm fans were full of smarts who dont like trish because she only ever learnt 4 moves. Botched ending thanks to trish not holding mickie up. Okay though. Mickie won to huge pop. Id say the backstage was suprised with the reaction she got.

Undertaker vs. Mark Henry - zzzzzzzzzzzz. Mark out for the jump over the rope but it was too long for me.

Vince vs. Shawn - Well, this was brilliant. I cant believe vince took a beating like that. The chair shot was savage, he didn't put his hands up. The ladder shot was sick. He didnt put his hands up. I duno how michaels didn't break his arm with the elbow from the ladder

Angle v Rey v Orton.
    Angle was the man in the match. Rey messed up his wm moment with the 619 from the ring post. Ortan would have gotten a better response if he had to win than Rey. Its just crap if you ask me. It makes a joke of wrestling. I know they going for the underdog story etc etc but rey winning the world title. That is just too much for me and another excuse to why I shouldn't watch smackdown these days.

Cena vs HHH. Poor Cena. He looked sad with the f u cena chants and sad at the end cause the crowd thought him winning was bs. He's a joke. The crowd made this match. Only for them this match was terrible. There was no moments of memory from the match, no spots or big moves. Really crap wrestling match. Cena cant do much I suppose. They obviously let Cena win because everyone thought HHH would. Fair enough except he didn't deserve. The crowd have no respect for Cena. Suprisingly the entrances in this match were longer than the SD match.

ff101 wrote:
    the sooner triple h and steph mess up and get divorced the better,then triple h can get booted off the show. he obviously had input into SD getting a crappy nine minutes, his and cena's entrances took longer. that degraded the whole show in my opinion.
    I dont think HHH had anything to do with their match being short. But true it was too short all together.
    ff101 wrote:
    that match should have been one of the best WM main events ever.and at the end when rey is celebrating on the turnbuckle the ref is telling him to hurry up and get out of the ring.
    I disagree. Rey is terrible for wrestling as a whole. He's just not believable. Its a joke. Nobody gave a damn when he won. I think everyone thought this was a joke. The match was crap too so that kinda diminished his win.
    ff101 wrote:
    there is also no point turning cena heel, coz thats not heat he's generating its contempt and hatred. the more they shove him down people's thraots the more they will grow to dislike him.

I agree with this. Cena has xpac heat and is hurting the industry.

With wm we went to one crap champion with Cena and one good champ with Angle to two crap champions with Cena and Angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

DC wrote:
    - Mickie James grabbing Trish by the crotch and sticcking her tongue through her fingers

i know, ive never wanted her more!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

ive always liked Edge as a wrestler, he is a great heel, but i always thought that he was to scared of blade jobs to ever have a proper Hardcore match, thats why i thought it would suck

then i saw it!!!!

respect to edge , fair play to Lita and fair play to Foley.....they did things that i never thought would ever happen in WWE

Bravo lads, Bravo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

elvis2002 wrote:

I don't agree though, I reckon it's rocky miavi heat. Cena is far more charismatic than xpac (although xpac was probably a better wrestler) ... and a good heel run for cena could very well get the fans back on his side.

Talking about xpac, I think a lot of the heat he got was unwarranted, he was a good wrestler and did not deserve it.

Boomer23 wrote:
    ive always liked Edge as a wrestler, he is a great heel, but i always thought that he was to scared of blade jobs to ever have a proper Hardcore match, thats why i thought it would suck

then i saw it!!!!

respect to edge , fair play to Lita and fair play to Foley.....they did things that i never thought would ever happen in WWE

Bravo lads, Bravo

the hardcore match and the no holds barred match are the two that stole the show.... and vince macmahon certainly did a good job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Good enough show, could've been a lot better easily though

Women's match was excellent apart from the finish. JBL and Benoit had a nice match. I was expecting Foley to try hard to get Edge over seein as they're mates, didn't disappoint. RVD did well, although I think that match was a bit more toned down than last years. I suppose it had to be with the two hardcore matches. Nice backstage segment, DiBiase's laugh deserves a spot on SD

Vince vs Shawn was a great match, the two of them and Shane really made it special with their facial expressions and reactions. Taker tried harder than he usually seems to. SD main event should've got longer. I disagree with Rey being unbelievable as champ, I think he's a very good wrestler, but I don't think his time should really be now. 2 years ago he was putting on much better matches

They did the same thing with putting on a women's match before the main event at WM 18, when they had it after Hogan vs Rock. The crowd never really got back into it then, but they did for Cena vs HHH. Real stupid havin Cena keep the belt. If they keep him face, and he retains the title again at Backlash, it's got to be their stupidest decision in years

Highlight of the night was seeing CM Punk make an appearance though. Bonus points to whoever else spotted him!

• Advertisement

elvis2002 wrote:
    I disagree. Rey is terrible for wrestling as a whole. He's just not believable. Its a joke. Nobody gave a damn when he won. I think everyone thought this was a joke. The match was crap too so that kinda diminished his win.

Rey Mysterio is terrible for wrestling??? I won't even go there. I actually think he works smarter now than he did a few years ago.

But just for the record about people not caring about him. Virtually every week for the last year his segments on Smackdown have had the biggest audience for the show in the US. Thats a fact. People care.

And all 9 minutes of that match was really really good. They just needed more time.

Cena is not hurting the industry. And you can base that on merchndise sales, ppv numbers tv ratings or whatever you want. I'm not a fan of his but people have an opinion about him. Some love him passionately. Some hate him. But above all else people care and are interested and thats what matters. Cena had to win booking wise. Trips for 5 weeks told you how bad he was. If they had him lose the belt after that type of build up it would have really hurt Cena.

More generally I think the things that were expected to be bad, were bad. Boogeyman 100% can't wrestle. But going in with a torn tricep did not help matters. And the pillow fight thing? Nobody cares.

It might sound strange but in a 4 hour ppv you need a few dud matches to give the audience a chance to breathe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Fozzy wrote:
    Highlight of the night was seeing CM Punk make an appearance though. Bonus points to whoever else spotted him!

was hoping he could jump cena, take his spot and beat HHH....well I can dream can't I :rolleyes:

and batista was there last night as well :D yahoooo :D another month and he'll be back....

i dont know how people feel rey is not deserving of the world title. after over 15 years he deserves a shot, even if its only for a month or two. he has paid his dues. sure Angle is the better champ but it wont be long before he has the title back, after all rey didn't pin angle = storyline around rematch.{also rey could have been booed if he pinned angle.}

WM has always been about heroes, and rey is perfect material for a hero. i know a lot of peolpe object about storlines containing eddie, but if done properly this could have been fantastic. Imagine the triple threat was on last and after a titanic 30minutes of grappling rey won. then the locker room emptied out and hoisted rey onto their shoulders and it was all dedicated to eddie.

WWE has a problem in that there 2 biggest and most consistent heels of the last 5 years are becoming very popular ie HHH and Angle especially Angle. Fans stateside are really starting to think on their own and its making wwe programming interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

The hardcore match was the highlight for me tbh... although have to say seeing the Undertaker blast off over the ropes was pretty spectacular and I agree Mark Henry should be dropped as soon as possible!! Wasn't really that enamoured with the Boogieman/Booker T & Sharmell and the pillow fight matches - waste of space although as said previously, it gave the audience a chance to draw breath.

Am a Cena fan, but have to admit to being very surprised to see him retain the gold. A spell as a heel might do his fanbase the world of good tbh. There could be a turn with Michaels too given how much he seemed to enjoy his match (although in fairness - who DOESN'T dream of kicking the seven shades of sh!t out of their boss at some point?)

We're in for an entertaining time with Mickie James as Women's champ too, the psychotic angle could be worth a few months of a title reign. :) Was sure Lashley was gonna pick up the win in the MITB match although was quite happy to see RVD pick up the win (can anyone else see him and Mysterio battling it out for the Heavyweight title in the not too distant future??)

All in all enjoyable with some degree of mediocrity thrown in for good measure (pillow fight and the boogieman matches)

this is meant to be a quote

"Cena is not hurting the industry. And you can base that on merchndise sales, ppv numbers tv ratings or whatever you want. I'm not a fan of his but people have an opinion about him. Some love him passionately. Some hate him. But above all else people care and are interested and thats what matters. Cena had to win booking wise. Trips for 5 weeks told you how bad he was. If they had him lose the belt after that type of build up it would have really hurt Cena.

It might sound strange but in a 4 hour ppv you need a few dud matches to give the audience a chance to breathe.[/QUOTE]"

True enough their is a lot of people who do like cena, but you have to feel his matches are becoming more like a circus. people are not booing coz he the despicable heel but because he sucks. when trips was giving him wrestling 101 at the start of the match the fans laughed their asses off

the dud matches point correct and true. but the pillow fight looked like it was gona kill the whole thing. but luckily the fans hatred of cena shone true

personally i love the fact that rey is champ. :D it's interesting to see the little guy with the title, instead of the big guys. angle doesnt seem to be having a good wrestlemania record.... plus this is the second time that this has happened to him... sure he lost the i.c title and the european title without even being pinned at wrestlemania a couple of years back

i would love for cena to do a heel turn, i think it's time... his character i like, his wrestling has just bored me... i still cant believe triple h tapped...

seriously this is the 3rd main event at wrestlemania he's lost :eek:

btw i love youtube :D batista backstage tlking to randy is on there :D awesome

True enough their is a lot of people who do like cena, but you have to feel his matches are becoming more like a circus. people are not booing coz he the despicable heel but because he sucks. when trips was giving him wrestling 101 at the start of the match the fans laughed their asses off

Cena's career is in serious trouble. They tried giving edge the belt, let cena win it off him to give him a boost, that totally failed and he became more hated than ever. It doesn't matter what they do with him now. Make him heel will change nothing, the crowd will still hate him because he is a terrible wrestler. I dont understand why they can't just give him say a better finisher. His version of the STF is crap and looks out of place in his matches. If he had something with the power of the stunner he could be better personality. His moves are just not believable. Also in the match last night HHH could have reached the ropes no problem whatsover. You could see if he stretched out his hand he could touch. I feel sorry for John because its not his own fault, the management have totally killed him. He needs a break from the wwe and a personality change in his character. They should take the belt from him at Backlash and give it to RVD. It would make things interesting. Have RVD feud with Edge, Shelton and Michaels. It would create something new.

i hear the hardcore match was an absolute bloodbath so i dont think i'll bother getting it off Sky due to fear of censorship. is it being censored?

• Advertisement

elvis2002 wrote:
    His moves are just not believable

pumping your Reeboks isnt good enough? :D

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i hear the hardcore match was an absolute bloodbath so i dont think i'll bother getting it off Sky due to fear of censorship. is it being censored?
    no. i was looking at channel 755 all day today, nothing censored. just a warning before the show starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

If you ask me when a heel gets cheered and a face gets booed then creative are doing somthing very wrong. The crowd reaction in the main event ruined it for me, same as in trish V Mickey Jane. Granted MJ is an exceptionaly talented wrestler and I have no problem with her being cheered but why boo trish?
    I think a golden oppertunity was missed to turn cena heel. I think the most dissapointing thing about WM22 for me was the lack of character development.
    Undertaker is the cleanest and most percise performer the WWE have now. I think he deserves another run with the strap.
    As for Rey as World Heavey Weight champ? I just dont get it. There are so many other more deserving wrestlers who didnt get a push because of there size. I think the WWE are scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of top faces. Sure Rey paid his dues but so have chavo, Dean Meleno and benoit.
    The SD tital match could have been so much more! I was looking forward to what theese guys could do with a half hour time slot. i was expecting Rey to go as close as physically possible but loose in the end.
    I think WWE needs a Samoa Jeo and would be very foolish not give him a serious offer that being said theres no point having this monster on a winning streak beating everybody in his way while a guy the size of Rey is champ.
    Hears hoping the WWE can build on the good points by giving RVD the tital run he deserves in 06/07

why boo trish?

maybe people hate her "matrix move" and also people may be fed up of her title reign. when did she win it? the womens division is stale atm

Granted MJ is an exceptionaly talented wrestler and I have no problem with her being cheered but why boo trish?

cuz Mickie is coolo and trish has become stale and hasnt really progressed in the last year. She has no new moves in a long time.
    Undertaker is the cleanest and most percise performer the WWE have now. I think he deserves another run with the strap.
    Your joking arent you? Talk about loosing more fans. Id rathe have cena as a champion than undertaker. And I hate Cena. UnderFaker should have retired years ago and is well passed it. Nobody is interested in him anymore.
    As for Rey as World Heavey Weight champ? I just dont get it. T

Me 2. And after reading a number of forums across the internet there seems to be a WTF? sentiment going around about the finishes of both championship matches. A cruiserweight as champion!!! Jesus Christ. Finlay beat the crap out of him on SD. What away to pump up champion material. ;) I wont be watching SD until he looses the belt. They should consider moving Edge to SD . He could be the champion there and he wouldn't have to deal with HHH politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

OK but when was the last time you saw him mess up? I dont think ive ever seen him slip up in the ring and yet he still comes out with a move like was saw last night. Creative need to recapture the creepy taker of old maybe put him back with paul barer. His promos are week and his character stale but his in ring work is as consistantly solid and clean as anyone i have ever seen.

• Advertisement

elvis2002 wrote:
    Cena's career is in serious trouble.

Again I'm not Cena's biggest fan. Kurt Angle he is n't but he's not Nathan Jones either. With good workers he can have good matches. And credit to Cena last night he never missed a step in his match.

They have killed him? Their is a portion of the audience who love him, buy lots of t-shirts, will go see his movie, will buy tickets to events and will buy ppvs.
    Just look at the event in the Point last November and of May of that year too A sizeable portion of the crowd, parents and kids aged 13 and under bought their ticket primarily to see Cena.They' re money is just good as yours or mine.

In other words he makes money. The only time a wrestlers carreer is in trouble is when people don't care. People care about Cena. Sometimes very postively, sometimes insanely negatively.

Generally down south he gets mainly pops. And up north he gets booed. Once people pay money to see it, its all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I thought it was a really good PPV overall, a bit PO'd that the triple threat was so short!! Even when Rey was celebrating in the ring, ya see the ref tapping him on the foot to go cos of time.....and then they have a playboy pillow fight, what a waste of time!! It was cool seeing P.O.D performing Rey's theme though!

Show/Kane vs. Carlito/Master was a good opener. A bit surprised that Show & Kane won though.

I thought the backstage bit before the Mr. & Mrs T vs. Boogeyman match was quite funny! As for the match....no surprises

I thought the Women's match was great. The crowd were really into it. So glad that Mickie won the title, she deserves it! MJ was visibly annoyed at the move being messed up though! I don't think it hepled that the crowd were shouting "You F*cked Up", lol

Undertaker vs. Henry match, no surprises there on who would win the match!

The Hardcore and No Holds Barred matches were the best of the night!

MITB was good, glad RVD won. I hope he uses it at WM23, with it being in his home state!

US Title match I thought Benoit would retain, but I guess it makes sence that he lost so they will have in the Main title picture again!

Was surprised that Cena retined the title, i was convinced that HHH would win!! I just hope the WWE do something with Cena or he is just gonna keep getting booed!

Good the see the HOF'ers too. Great to see that Vicki Guerrero got such a good cheer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i was happy with it overall.
    boogeyman did something like 2 moves on booker and i've had dumps bigger than mysterio, but other than that i thought it was a really good show.
    was a bit disappointed that hhh didn't take the title off cena, but he probably will take time off when the child is born, given that it's vince's grandchild and all.
    was glad to see hbk beat the crap out of vince. i thought they would have gone the other way with that match. thankfully they didn't.

it would be good to see some more action in the women's division. get lita back in the ring and you have 4 decent women competitors to choose from.

f*ck mysterio and his prayers to eddie. never liked him and i doubt i ever will. he should be in the cruiserweight division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

They have made Smackdown look ridiculously weak. Nine minutes for the Smackdown main event? Farcical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

No bret hart?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

what annoys me is that the match was shortened on time to squeeze the poxy pillow fight in, i though the show was called wrestlemania.

They needed some dead air between the smackdown and raw main event hence the pillow fight.

The Smackdown main event only getting 9 minutes given the men that were in it and given that this is the second year they have been cut short is really wrong.
    Another stat which shows the unequal treatment between raw and smakdown is Smackdown's four matches on the show accounted for 33 minutes of ring time on the show. Raw's six bouts totaled 76 minutes.

They needed some dead air between the smackdown and raw main event hence the pillow fight.
    so do a 2 minute promo or postpone the HOF bit til then, but why have all the promos AND that rubbish designed to titlilate 12 year old geeks

Well the Hall of fame would n't be dead air. Its a 4 hour show and the crowd needs down time. I thought it was horrible too. I'm just saying I can see why they do it.

Plus it was advertsied and if a few people ordered becasue of the cheep thrill of it and they did n't put it on, at 50 dollars for the show it would n't make for happy geeky fans.

yeah i know what you're saying i just feel that it's crap lik ethis and the completely unnecessary taker v henry match that cost the real main event time, i'm still angry that the match involving the Rumble winner wasn't the main event, talk about dulling down the prize.

somehow i can't see they 12 year olds complaining, :)
    "mom, they didn't have the playmate pillow fight on last nights wrestlemania! opps,"
    "WHAT!"

Its a four hour show. According to my B1 in pass maths thats 240 minutes.The smackdown main event got 9 mintues ring time. Think about that. Triple H and Cenas entrances were probalby longer than the Smackdowns match.

WTF was with HHH's entrance?

saw it last night and it was farcical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

^ I thought it was hilarious.. Cena's one was just embarassing though..

as for mania, i'd agree with most of what was said about match placements and time allocation...

highlight for me though was Di Biase appearance back stage, give him the Raw GM job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I needed to think about it for a while after watching Wrestlemania did I like it or not, and I must say the bad points almost outweigh the good points.

However, heres my review

Show & Kane Vs Masters & Carlito
    Enjoyable opner, but was possibly too rushed. Good to see the development of the impending fued between the challengers. However, i feel that a win for them would have helped their fued along better better. Still though, a solid opener, no complaints.

Money In The Bank
    Great match where Shelton showed again that he is superbly talented in the ring. Most certainly the MVP again. RVDs win, while it disspointed me, was probably the best option, as none of the others could be considered serious competition for either Championship. Really enjoyed this all the same, but again, should have got another 5-10 minutes. The thing which disspointed me most was there was no fued development to come out of this, like Edge/Benoit last year.

Benoit Vs JBL
    One of the best of the night, good match which showed the contrasting styles. I thought JBL was actually doing a tribute to Eddie Guerrero rather than mocking him, but it got him cheap heat anyway, so it was a good thing. Nice ending, which didnt hurt Benoit, while pushing JBL again, and all the while keeping the prestige for the US Title.

Edge Vs Foley
    My God. Kudos to both men, some sick bumps here. I actually thought Foley was going to catch fire when he went through the table. Cant fault this in anyway.

Booker & Sharmell Vs Boogeyman
    Why was this on the card, taking up valuable time, and eating into other matches. Absolute dross.

Casket Match
    Ill agree with everyone here. Good performance from Taker. His dive to the outside looked great. Glad to see in end in quick enough fashion. Henry is a waste of space.

HBK Vs VKM
    I enjoyed this. It was a predictable result, however, the manner in which it happened was outstanding. Felt the Spirit Squad added to this match which the geeky antics. I really hope they are used as a proper stable going forward. Few nice spots throughout, especially the leap from the ladder. Both arent feeling the best after that I would imagine.

Trish Vs Mickey
    For me, this was MOTN. It was the only match which had a Wrestlemania style build up, and it delivered in a big way. Just a pity the end was somewhat botched, and that Mickey didnt get to do her swinging DDT move. Enjoyed this thoroughly.

Angle Vs Orton Vs Rey
    Why wasnt this the Main Event? Why did this only get 9 minutes? This match had the better build up of the 2 main events, looked on paper to be a better match, yet it was shat upon. Really enjoyed this one, but really should have had another 10 minutes at least. Glad in one way to see Rey win, disspointed in another to see Angle lose.

Pillow Fight

Cena Vs HHH
    I honestly didn't give a shít who would win this predictable crapfest. The crowd saved it for me. The entrances were stupid, the match had no physcology whatsoever. It had a brutal build up, which would be more suited to Backlash or some other non big 4 ppv. The fact this match got almost 3 times as long as the other 'main event' pissed me off no end, and almost ruined the entire PPV for me.

Thats my 2 cents anyway.

I liked how they introduced the Orton Batista fued, which will most likely culminate in a match at Summerslam. Will we see Orton take the title off Rey first though? Probably.

Cena needs to go heel, and quickly. That said, who even gives a toss about Raw anymore. It isnt a good show anymore - SD is where the good matches and good storylines are these days. The draft cant happen quick enough for Raw, where it will invariably rape SD of its decent talent again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

kane/show V masters/carlitto = bad match
    money in bank = shelton was awesome. if rvd does not improve he will lose his title match.
    benoit V JBL = good match. i dont like JBL, but he can wrestle.
    edge V foley = great match. edge is an all rounder. he can do anything.
    trish V mickie james = great match, mickie is a solid wrestler. so happy she won.
    boogey V booker. christ almighty, why did we have this match.
    taker V henry = ok match.
    shawn V vince = i like it.
    angle V rey V orton = great match. abit to short, but still great to watch.
    pillow fight = interesting to watch.
    cena V HHH = good match, hhh should have won. i was glad the crowd were up for the king of kings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement