Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 22- thoughts, reactions etc...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Mossy Monk wrote:
    WTF was with HHH's entrance?

saw it last night and it was farcical
    i thought it was pretty good, cause it'll go down as part of him not focusing properly on cena and the match.
    thought they played the monday night raw main event out well last night with the triple threat , check out cenas talk with the crowd afterwards, they are really trying to get him liked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

i dont know about u lot, but i p****ed off that smackdown only got nine minutes.... my cousin bought wrestlemania :D sooo watched it a while ago.... 9 fawking minutes for a match that was looking waay better than the raw main event.... and what in gods name was up with triple h's entrance, i laughed..... only at wrestlemania would we actually see some thing like that.... lord help us indeed. mick foley vs edge now that was awesome and have a little bit more respect for edge... didnt even watch the pillow fight..... actually left the room for the duration it was on..... over all not the greatest wrestlemania, but i'm glad i got to see it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

The Trips intro. What can I say. Here he was playing some great Roman King with the throne, the crown, the robe and....................his plastic bottled water. Comedy.

The Trips intro. What can I say. Here he was playing some great Roman King with the throne, the crown, the robe and....................his plastic bottled water. Comedy.

guess they couldnt find a gold plated one.... although i dont think it would be wise.... it's enough that he's soaking some poor unsuspecting fans with the water when he throws it into the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Show & Kane Vs Masters & Carlito
    O.K match, sets up the Carlito Masters feud 5/10

Money In The Bank
    Match of the night, with a great showing by Hardy, Bengiman and R.V.D. (9/10)

Benoit Vs JBL
    O.K. match but not a great improvement on something seen rtegulary on SD (6/10)

Edge Vs Foley
    Very good hardcore matc, big ups to all involved with a great if insane finish (8/10)

Booker & Sharmell Vs Boogeyman
    I paid money for this?!? -2190/10.

Casket Match
    Taker was O.K., Henry was awful, (4/10)

HBK Vs VKM
    Good match with some big shots on Vince, how many Chairman of a big company will take that kind of beating for their shareholders? (7/10)

Trish Vs Mickey
    Best womens match in years (BTW Trish was booed as she's Canadian, Chicag has a big hate on Canadians) Mickie James gets better every time I see her (and in more ways the one:D ) (7/10)

Angle Vs Orton Vs Rey
    Too short, great to see Mysterio win as it shakes up the title picture at S.D., didn't get to see everything these guys can do (6/10)

Pillow Fight
    Why?

Cena Vs HHH
    O.K match, I'll be the first to admit that Cena has limited mat skills, but then again so did Hogan, Rock and Austin and they are the standard to aim for, they all have one thing in common with Cena, great mic skills. Big ups to HHH putting over Cena the way he did, never thought I'd see him tap to the STFU.
    Both entrances were screwey and detracted from the match (5/10)

Overall, good PPV wit some great matches and a couple of real duds, would have liked to see some creuiserweights but overall happy enough that I spent by €22 (6/10)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CaptainCharisma

They couldn't have had a cruiser match because Helms, the champion, has a broken nose. Very dissapointed they didn't do the rumoured MNM vs. London & Kendrick match.

Overall, a good WrestleMania. Worth the money for MITB, Foley/Edge and the Triple Threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i wonder why we don't have an inter brand tag team champs match world tag team champs vs wwe tag team champs, considering survivor series is now doing raw vs smackdown, this can't do much more harm. and they seemed hell bent on not really doing anything with the tag straps only one set of champs wrestled and they retained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Another stat which shows the unequal treatment between raw and smakdown is Smackdown's four matches on the show accounted for 33 minutes of ring time on the show. Raw's six bouts totaled 76 minutes.

its such a loada of bo**ox isnt it!?!?
    Considering that if you were to add up the match time given over on the weekly RAW and SMACKDOWN shows smackdown would undoubtedly crap all over raw.

I was annoyed when watching it but even more so now after learning it was only 9mins for the triple threat while the worst Wrestlemania main events combatants got entrances that allowed enough time for almost me all of my buddies to get up,take a whizz and grab some beer. Seriously HBK had the greatest ever mania entrance so just let it lie.
    As for cenas entrance.......GAYEST ENTRANCE EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER!!!

Other than that i was pleasantly surprised with it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Also consider the fact that while
    BOOGEYMAN
    SHARMELL
    MARK HENRY
    TORRIE and
    CANDICE
    all got airtime

The following didnt or were possibly cut to "dark" matches
    Rob conway (thought they were building him up)
    MNM (surely the biggest injustice here. A tagteam that has continuosly entertained since their debut and most "realistic" tagteam in wwe at the mo)
    Entire cruiser weightdivision (i know helms was out but surely out of the lot of them they could have had at least 2 matches there)
    William regal
    Paul Burchill

Now i dunno,maybe theres reasons im not aware of that the above weren't on the card but i know id take any of em over the 5 ive mentioned up above!

Also a bit disappointed that MMMMMMMMMMMMMISTER-ER-ER-ER-ER-ER KEEEENNEDY.............KENNEDY didnt cut a promo or anything.
    Carlito got a bit of screen time at last years mania and it didnt do him any harm.

• Advertisement

mr kennedy rocks... just the attitude is brilliant. cant wait to see him back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

was ok nothin special

Money In The Bank
    Great match with some amazing moves pulled off. Shelton being the star with his off the ropes onto th ladder. just a pity they didnt show it again

Benoit Vs JBL
    boring really

Edge Vs Foley
    very good. didnt expect it to be as violent as it was. couldve been better though

this is the sstuff that should be on velocity or somethin like that

Casket Match
    Henry just doesnt have a good character. had to be a taker win. not the best of matches but havnt seen a tombstone in a while.

HBK Vs VKM
    Holy crap vice really knows how to take one(or many) for the team. he got hit hard a lot and the end was cool.

Trish Vs Mickey
    didnt expect much but mickey was finger licking good;)

Angle Vs Orton Vs Rey
    boourns. rey should never be a champ he just doesnt have any charisma and is crap on the mic too. angle shouldve won this.

Pillow Fight
    ah everyone was chanting "boring" and it was rather boring but hey, theyre hot.

Cena Vs HHH
    Terrible endng. so funny though. cena getting booed was brillaint. HHH is great I think. suprised there was no pedigree in the match though.

The crowd made the last match enjoyable just a pity it didnt go the other way. the WWE seems to be losing it a little though. i havnt really been keeping up with things but it just doesnt have what it used to which is why I was very pleased by the DX winks and nods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

OK Ive only just seen Mania, I did an amazing job of avoiding spoilers so Im quite proud of myself! Here's what I thought

OK match, just more of the same from the big guys. Im delighted that the Spirit Squad took the titles off them on Raw. It looks like both teams are gonna end up splitting and feuding over the next few weeks, so theres a bit of cannon fodder for Raw's midcard.

Money In The Bank
    My RVD prediction came though! This was a really entertaining match. Benjamin once again stood out like a sore thumb, his hop onto the ladder was incredible. It looks like Van Dam is facing Trips at ECW ONS, I ould love to see RVD as champ.

Benoit Vs JBL
    I didnt ecxpect much, and certainly not a title change, but it was good to see JBL get more gold. Hopefully he willl hold the belt for a while.

Edge Vs Foley
    That bump at the end was insane!! Edge really stepped up to the plate in this one, and Foley didnt disappoint. Great effort by both guys.

Bookers promo before made up for this shambles of a match. DiBiase kicking the ball away from Eugene had me rolling on the floor!

Casket Match
    Meh. Good spot at the end, and the tombstone was impressive. Any yet henry makes it back onto SD the week after!? WTF!?

HBK Vs VKM
    I loved every second of this. The story was told really well. JR's commentary during this really added to the match, apart from when his headset was knocked off and Lawlor tried to cover for him and failed pathetically. Vince really proved how great he is here, he didnt have to take so many bumps but he did for the good of the show. Showing the middle finger at the end topped it all off!

Trish Vs Mickey
    Mickey really dominated this. I dont think Trish expected the kind of reaction she got and that put her off her game a little. Mickey has so many innovative moves, and she played the psycho role to a tee. She is a breath of freah air to the womens division.

Angle Vs Orton Vs Rey
    Definately too short. Reys enterance was way worse than Cenas or HHH's. It really put me into a bad mood watching the match. Im glad Rey won but there was no flow to the match at all, just a few spots. At least it wasnt as bad as Cena vs. JBL from last year.

Pillow Fight
    And they never even used the pilllows....

Cena Vs HHH
    CM Punk in the main event at Wrestlemania (sort of)... Get used to it!!!!
    The crowd were incredible for this. They cheered all Triple H's generic moves (the knee lift and all that) like a goal in a football match. The ending was as good as you get in terms of excitement. I still cant believe HHH tapped out, Cena didnt even have the STFU locked in right.

All in all it was a good WM. I really liked the layout of the show, having all the filler around the four main matches. I dont get all this talk of Mysterio not deserving the title. I think he will be a good champ for a few months and then drop the belt, probably to Orton. He is due a while in the spotlight.

Advertisement