Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crazy driver on road yesterday.. but caught

Options
  • 03-04-2006 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

Was on the road between Waterford and Dublin yesterday Bwtween Thomastown and Dungarvan was doing the limit or just slightly above when in a couple of seconds a 06 BMW M5 had come from nowhere and within seconds had disappeared into the distance, at least 150km/h but prob closer to 180km/h and this wasn't on a particularly open stretch of road so would hate to see what he was doing on the more open roads.

Got to Gowran and here was delighted to see him after being pulled in the local cops, no cop car visible just the cop on foot so would guess he was reported by someone.

The funniest thing was everyone that passed them was giving the thumbs up to the cop.
    I know he was driving an M5 but they were crazy speeds.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Delighted. Tossers like that deserve to have the book thrown at them. Hopefully he'll now be harrassed by the Gardaí on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Happy Days!

My unlce gave me the lend of his 06 5 Series 2.5d, very quick indeed, amazed at how quick the 0-60mph was compared to my wee Astra.

But theres one thing having a powerful car, its another thing knowing how to drive safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It would be a great idea if they had a test track somewhere so you could go flatout. Maybe an old strech of runway somewhere. Did you ever see that episode of top gear they had a track in germany I think and you payed €20 and would be allowed to drive at whatever speeds you wanted on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

Hal1 wrote:
    It would be a great idea if they had a test track somewhere so you could go flatout. Maybe an old strech of runway somewhere. Did you ever see that episode of top gear they had a track in germany I think and you payed €20 and would be allowed to drive at whatever speeds you wanted on it.

Id say it was Nürburgring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Hal1 wrote:
    Did you ever see that episode of top gear they had a track in germany I think and you payed €20 and would be allowed to drive at whatever speeds you wanted on it.

Or you could just drive on the autobahn for free !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I was sitting in the driving lane on the section where the M50 meets the N11 and a CLS AMG blasted past me, (topped out I'd say well over 200kph) stunning to see/hear a car like that at that speed, although autobahn the N11 is not.

Silly rich kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭HotRodDub

Hal1 wrote:

Try a track day at Mondello where you bring your own car - unfortunately its a bit more expensive than 20 euro though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

HotRodDub wrote:
    Try a track day at Mondello where you bring your own car - unfortunately its a bit more expensive than 20 euro though.

Hehe bring my own car, I dont think so lol (1.0 polo) :o. I think your right Ando about the track Nürburgring.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

TheMonster wrote:
    06 BMW M5 had come from nowhere and within seconds had disappeared into the distance.

What colour was it? Did you see the county of registration?

Delighted he was caught, too many deaths on our roads.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Sparks400 wrote:
    What colour was it? Did you see the county of registration?

Delighted he was caught, too many deaths on our roads.......
    Waterford -

looking athe colours here it was "interlagos blue"
    http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/bmw/m5/100650117/colors.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

I was sitting in the driving lane on the section where the M50 meets the N11 and a CLS AMG blasted past me, (topped out I'd say well over 200kph) stunning to see/hear a car like that at that speed, although autobahn the N11 is not.

The M50 meets the M11, not the N11. So Autobahn it most certainly is.

Dermot

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Not who I thought it was. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't think our pathetic excuses for motorway compare to the autobahn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

Stephen wrote:
    I don't think our pathetic excuses for motorway compare to the autobahn.

There isn't a the Autobahn. They come in many flavours, including severely ropey. Ours are generally pretty good by comparison, especially where straightness of slip roads is concerned. It's the drivers that let us down.

Dermot

Advertisement