Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble At Bohs v Waterford

• 03-04-2006 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

I read that the Waterford team bus was "stoned" and caused a window to smash http://www.foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?p=457542#post457542 im not a member of that forum, nor do i want to be, I just want to know how come when something happens with us there are threads started, but any other team and its kept quiet?

Bad form from the Bohs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's twice already this season that Bohemians fans have smashed in bus windows after they did the same against Drogheda last month.

If it was Rovers we'd have a 10 page thread here about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

don't you know its true!!!!

Not so much as a mention in the Herag or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The card that says rovers are victimised is over used and over over played. The thread is about the bohs and the waterford fans.

Did you read my original post?
    blu_sonic wrote:
    I just want to know how come when something happens with us there are threads started, but any other team and its kept quiet?

thats why the rovers "victimised card" got played.

ps. the rovers get away with everything is a tune thats played a fair bit round here too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Of course, Rovers stories are picked up on because that particular has a "reputation". But let's not get into the ins and outs of wether or not it is justified.

This kind of crap has being on at Dalyer for longer than a month, last season a person I go to the matches with was attacked by a bunch of "casuals" with a 2x4 and an Iron Bar.

• Advertisement

sure they had the BSC flag out in dalier, it got taken i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

blu_sonic wrote:
    I just want to know how come when something happens with us there are threads started, but any other team and its kept quiet?

Because this involves Bohs fans and not Rovers fans. If a bunch of Bohs scumbags attacked a Shels bus I'd be ranting about it, if a bunch of Rovers fans did the same I'd also be ranting about it, if a bunch of Kildare County, Dublin City or Shels fans did the same I'd also be ranting it too and I'm sure 99% of eL fans would say the same thing.

Everyone knows Bohs are developing are a right vicious hoolie element which seems to be only getting worse and worse and the club is doing nothing about it.

yeah i get that, but people who aren't even into the EL seem to know all about our supposed hooliganism, were not as bad as made out, this was blanked compleatly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

blu_sonic wrote:
    yeah i get that, but people who aren't even into the EL seem to know all about our supposed hooliganism, were not as bad as made out, this was blanked compleatly

Taking the average EL posters on this site and thinking of who they support, how many Waterford and Bohs fans did you come up with? I wasnt at the game so couldnt comment on what did or didnt happen. The foot.ie thread is from someone who was at the game, any mention of Rovers fans here has always been backed up by fans who have actually been there.

So fairly obvious an incident at a Bohs game that none of the EL fans here were at wouldnt be commented on, was it in the papers over the weekend? As Bohs fans have a hand in their club im sure like Rovers NOW they will root out and ban the fans responsible.

kdjac

There are 3 Bohs and 1 waterford that i know of, regardless of boards even where was the tabloid "outcry" etc, these things follow us because we sell newspapers, etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

blu_sonic wrote:
    There are 3 Bohs and 1 waterford that i know of, regardless of boards even where was the tabloid "outcry" etc, these things follow us because we sell newspapers, etc

So this thread isnt highlighting more violence in the EL just a "fight the power" type thing? As you only made one post regarding the issue and everything else was bitter fruit of some sort.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Everyone knows Bohs are developing are a right vicious hoolie element which seems to be only getting worse and worse and the club is doing nothing about it.

Pot. Kettle. Dutch Gold.

From what I hear it was a bunch of scumbag kids and it happened well away from Dalymount. Its not right and I certainly hope anyone caught is barred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

bohsman wrote:
    Pot. Kettle. Dutch Gold.
    :D

KdjaC wrote:
    So this thread isnt highlighting more violence in the EL just a "fight the power" type thing? As you only made one post regarding the issue and everything else was bitter fruit of some sort.

kdjac
    Clearly it is highlighting that violence but, as a sub point i was wondering were the "moral outcry" was, and highlighting the inequity of Irish media that covers such matters

Advertisement