Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightwish. Love them or Hate them.

• 03-04-2006 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Well I think it has become apparent that this is a band that you either love :rolleyes: or you despise then:mad:.

So I am trying to find out what you think of them.
    I personally love them.

What do you think of Nightwish? 50 votes

I love them.
    0% 0 votes
    I despise them
    68% 34 votes
    Who in the what in the where now?
    32% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

They're everything I should hate in a metal band. They're cheezy. They're overblown. They're good at neither classical nor metal.

Yet I think they're absolutely great, for some reason I don't understand, I really enjoy listening to them. Oceanborn in particular is a great album. But sometimes they make me cringe really badly.

Nightwish are to metal as The Office is to comedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Yeah I know.
    Its like I think they are a really great band but cannot get exactly why. Fantastic all the same,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

well what do you reckon I'd say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nightwish wrote:
    well what do you reckon I'd say?

I reckon you hate them, and call yourself after them out of sheer spite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I don't really love them...or despise them. They don't really do anything for me. A bit too far on the cheesy side of things, maybe. Did they get a new vocalist?

• Advertisement

I reckon you hate them, and call yourself after them out of sheer spite.
    dammit...my facade has been uncovered!

and to Scousertommy, a new vocalist has not yet been found. They are at the moment accepting any material from singers who wish to be part of the band.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm the new voacalist.

Oh and i love them.In fact I listened to them all day at home today. What a waste of a day I suppose.

No day spent listening to Nightwish is a wasted day. Pity Tarja is no longer with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Their OK, there are better power metal bands about (terásbetoni :)), and far worse (Hammerfall), and female leads even easier on the eyes (Christina Scabbia).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

Pugsley wrote:
    and female leads even easier on the eyes

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I love 'em. They are indeed a cheesfest though. Too many flute solos.

• Advertisement

Ah Tuomas and his flute..............*sighs dreamily*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's adequate at best. Now, I have a flute right here, especially for Tar...ja.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I love them... especially Oceanborn and Once. :)

Tarja is a goddess

They were excellent live. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'd love to lob me knob in her.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I've strangely grown to like Nightwish, in an advancement theory kind of way. Complete masters of high camp, love it.

Btw, do the metal fraternity actually find Tarja attractive or is it just merely a case of Oscar Wilde's hind-leg walking dog?

Robbo wrote:
    Btw, do the metal fraternity actually find Tarja attractive or is it just merely a case of Oscar Wilde's hind-leg walking dog?

Yes, she's quite attractive.

She's not Amy Lee or Christina Scabbia TBH.

I always thought she was pretty then I saw her live and thought she was stunning. She has a fine pair on her!

• Advertisement

She's an oprah singer, I'd expect that, but I don't really think her face is pretty, to be honest.

That said, I didn't think that much of Brody Dalle on TV, but in person she's stunning. She has a really athletic body and the way she moves is just :eek:

She's ok I suppose. Probably have to meet her to see.

I think I have a bit of an obsession problem. I have been listening to over the hills and far away for about four or five hours on repeat now...no, not the album...

I go through phases like that too. At the moment its Gethsemane (hence the sig).

She's not Amy Lee or Christina Scabbia TBH.

Ooh I nearly forgot about Amy Lee.
    Yummy Yummy yum yum yum

Nightwish wrote:
    I go through phases like that too. At the moment its Gethsemane (hence the sig).

I sing my sig too.

Yum yum yum yum yum yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'd love to lob me knob in her.
    I echo these sentiments. Lol :)

Fantastic, probably just for the cheese! :D

She's ok I suppose. Probably have to meet her to see.

I think I have a bit of an obsession problem. I have been listening to over the hills and far away for about four or five hours on repeat now...no, not the album...

LOL - I remember the first time I heard that tracks I was, in fact, over the hills and far away (about 4000km from home, in a metal bar, with some very cool, but quite random, strangers) and it's stuck firmly in my head ever since!

[EDIT]Oh, and Tar, Nightwish: Make a reservation ffs! 8) --> http://tinyurl.com/ln9kj [/EDIT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭haunted-room

Cant stand them

• Advertisement

LOL - I remember the first time I heard that tracks I was, in fact, over the hills and far away (about 4000km from home, in a metal bar, with some very cool, but quite random, strangers) and it's stuck firmly in my head ever since!

[EDIT]Oh, and Tar, Nightwish: Make a reservation ffs! 8) --> http://tinyurl.com/ln9kj [/EDIT]

:D

That's much too expensive for me.
    /me books 8 ina room hostel. :eek:

Advertisement