Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightwish. Love them or Hate them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

[EDIT]Oh, and Tar, Nightwish: Make a reservation ffs! 8) --> http://tinyurl.com/ln9kj [/EDIT]
    pff...the Burlington is for peasants...Only the Berkeley Court for me...anyhow I'm married.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Is that your way of saying, 'pay for the best or you you get nowt nightwish'.
    :P

Is that your way of saying, 'pay for the best or you you get nowt nightwish'.
    :P
    pretty much yeah...thats why I bagged me a rich-kid!

edit:

Tarja's press conference after she was kicked out of the band if anyones interested

http://www.phantomflow.com/tarja/media/audio/pressaudio.zip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i agree, they are everything i should hate, but i like them

also... tarja should have been kicked ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

Very cheesy stuff but can't say i hate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 stranded

OPINION ALERT:

I despise them. Tarja has one of the worst voices I've ever heard - not to mention the lyrics are very bad and lack every form of poetry...ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I like nightwish.

Stunning is not a word I'd use to describe Tarja though. More....ugly. :D

I suppose there's worse though...!

btw - the EYE cinema here in Galway plays Nightwish prior to movies quite alot....its good on the ears!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

HavoK wrote:
    I like nightwish.

Stunning is not a word I'd use to describe Tarja though. More....ugly. :D

I suppose there's worse though...!

btw - the EYE cinema here in Galway plays Nightwish prior to movies quite alot....its good on the ears!
    They do indeed. I think I'll be heading that way tonight for silent hill too...
    good music! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭moshmonkey666

i used to like them, and i still do but Once was an awful album and anything they have released since then is just to get money. Centurys Child and albums before it are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

I like them :) Tarja has sexy cheekbones mmmm cheekbones

• Advertisement

i used to like them, and i still do but Once was an awful album and anything they have released since then is just to get money. Centurys Child and albums before it are great.
    I think once is excellent.
    Bands release cd's to get money? Never!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It took me a couple of listens to get into them, but now I love them, although I have to admit I actually prefer the original Gary Moore version of Over The Hills And Far Away.

I prefer their live album (from wishes to eternity) best. They preform very good live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

True, their Symphony of Angels gig is very good too (plus the second disc of that one was Sonata Arctica supporting... mmm :) ). I would have loved to have seen them live while Tarja was still part of the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Ooh Nightwish. I spontaneously went out and bought Highest Hopes the other day, and it gets Merrick's seal of approval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Now go and get the rest of their albums! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Meh - Oceanborn FTW.

I like once and century child more.
    Oceanborn FTlesserW! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Lacuna Coil
    Within Temptation
    Nightwish

I cant tell the difference, can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Now go and get the rest of their albums! :)

Will do. Now all I need is the money. Any donations towards the Merrick's-Nightwish-Album-Buying fund will be gratefully accepted...

• Advertisement

Lacuna Coil
    Within Temptation
    Nightwish

im not even gonna answer that ridiculous statement ;)

I will, Yes. Easily. They are totally different.
    Now let me ask you. Do you have ears?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Lacuna Coil
    Within Temptation
    Nightwish

Hahahahaa......Amen to that.

Their voices and style in general are completely different.
    Within Temptation's singer being the weakest singer, but good for what style she does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I've only gotten into them recently, hadn't really heard of them before I started seeing someone who was really into them, and I have to say I'm hooked, particularly She is my Sin and Wish I Had an Angel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I cant tell the difference

Well that sounds like a personal problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

Im into Nightwish myself, all the albums are good bar Angels Fall First.
    "The scent of a woman is not mine" :)

The live DVD is great too, Im kinda pissed I didnt go to see them in Glasgow last year when I had the chance.
    Their voices and style in general are completely different.
    Within Temptation's singer being the weakest singer, but good for what style she does.

I think she is the best singer. I've seen her live too and she pulled it off well. Tarja is great but a bit too rigid. I've only heard one Lacuna Coil album, Comalies and I think Cristina is the worst singer.

So best singers are Sharon, Tarja, Amy Lee, and Cristina in that order.
    Hottest singers: reverse the order

In conclusion: Singing is inversly proportional to looks.

489639439_l.jpg

you heard the singer in the 3rd and the mortal ?... now that is really good

I think she is the best singer. I've seen her live too and she pulled it off well. Tarja is great but a bit too rigid. I've only heard one Lacuna Coil album, Comalies and I think Cristina is the worst singer.

So best singers are Sharon, Tarja, Amy Lee, and Cristina in that order.
    Hottest singers: reverse the order

In conclusion: Singing is inversly proportional to looks.
    For some reason I was using Amy instead of Christina. I don't know enough about Lacuna Coil to compare her to Sharon.
    Oh, and put Amy at the top of the other list. :)

• Advertisement

Im into Nightwish myself, all the albums are good bar Angels Fall First.
    "The scent of a woman is not mine" :)
    hey he disowned that song!

Advertisement