Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matisyahu.

Options
  • 03-04-2006 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

Any body heard of Matisyahu?

Caught the end of his "video King without a crown" on channel six, was a bit surprized of what I was seening but he is really good if you like reggae. Borrowed both his albums from a friend at the weekend. Really like them.

Google "king without a crown" and go to the ifilm link to find out what I mean about a surprize:)

Taughts anybody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Yeah very good stuff.
    I think the soung youth is great. Apparently he is playing tomorrow in temple bar music centre. Tickets are 26.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Great gig!

The whole Hasidic Jew thing is the way he lives, but I still think it's a bit gimmicky. Reggae with Jewish issues. Sounds like a marketing person heard about this and loved it. I mean, I knew of him for a while (through my brother) but in the last ten days I've heard nowt else! (much).

The music is very good, but as I said to my brother after the gig "Is he from the east bank or the west bank....of Kingston, Jamaica?"

But still, it was a great show. (I just realised how negative the above sounded..)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Grrr dam exams, saw him on the late late show tho. Was really good too. Have to see him live tho.

Advertisement