Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Le Saux quits BBC

• 03-04-2006 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭

He quit the BBC because Lawro was picked over him for the BBC World Cup team.

Like him or hate him but Lawro was always going to be picked over him as Lawro is in BBC alot longer than Le Saux.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

What a shame... rofl!
    Mediawatch wrote:
    'The row is a huge embarrassment to the BBC. And they could now lose Le Saux to either Sky or ITV.'

Note to ITV and Sky: Don't. Do. It.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

But can we ever be sure LeSaux wasn't shafted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

No loss really. But he's a million times better than that clown Garth Crooks that was on MOTD2 last night, I can't stand that guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Trampas wrote:
    He quit the BBC because Lawro was picked over him for the BBC World Cup team.

Like him or hate him but Lawro was always going to be picked over him as Lawro is in BBC alot longer than Le Saux.

Jesus, Le Saux has some ego. Expecting to get the biggest gig in football after only a few years? Good luck in media with that attitude :rolleyes: .

BaZmO* wrote:
    No loss really. But he's a million times better than that clown Garth Crooks that was on MOTD2 last night, I can't stand that guy!

What are you on about baz? The guys a genius! The first rule of football is 'get into the box!' Doesn't matter if you never score, just GET INTO THE BOX :)

Had to laugh at Crooksy chanting this mantra about 10 times during the middlesbro analysis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Or Mark "Say what you see" Bright, awful !

At least Le Saux has played in the World Cup Finals unlike Lawro or Crooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

A boy named Saux.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Totally off topic , but jamie redknapp has come on a long long way in my view on sky yesterday i thought he was really good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lawro is by far the better off the two so its really no surprise he was picked. Le Saux just seems like a little child throwing a tantrum. Not a huge loss to the BBC anyway if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Le Saux and robot warriors commentating team are absolutely brutal...watched 2 games with them and seriously had to turn the sound off...both are as bad as each other......no loss BBC.....hire Paul McGrath:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

I like him on MOTD2 because its a nice relaxed vibe, but he should let the big boys handle the big games

blu_sonic wrote:
    I like him on MOTD2 because its a nice relaxed vibe, but he should let the big boys handle the big games

Fcukin Hippies:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

BaZmO* wrote:
    True,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Pigman II wrote:
    But can we ever be sure LeSaux wasn't shafted?
    Snigger :D.

So who would make the best punditry team, like a fantasy pundit team?
    mines:

host: Motson

Pundit A: Dunfey
    Pundit B: Lawro
    Pundit C: Hanson

Motson??? Oh how I hate John Motson..I really can't listen to that clown at all at all.

Commentator: Alan Greene (Without a doubt)

Pundits - Ron Atkinson.(for comedy value)
    and Andy Gray (Cause like a big child I love it when I make a comment during a match, in a pub especially, then Andy says it soon after. If Andy says it, you know it makes sense ;) ) (may not be true)

I ment to say commentator motson and host Lynam

blu_sonic wrote:
    I ment to say commentator motson and host Lynam

Ah yeah, I understood ya. For host I'd have Richard Keys with Kirsty Gallagher...like some kind of breakfast TV approach to soccer broadcasting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I can't stand Motson, anyone who sensationalizes a throw-in is a big no-no for me.

I quite like Martin Tyler and the bloke who does the Championship and Scottish football for Sky.

I hate Billy Hamilton (I think thats his name, ex-NI manager) as a commentator. I'm going to tape the Shels match tonight and see how many times he says "super", "fabulous", "great" etc... He's absolutely woeful.

I remember once Alan Greene was commentating at Elland Road and he had to leave half way through it. There was an announcement on the PA system that a car was in flames in the car park, and it was his. haha..now what was the original topic again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Le Saux quits BBC

Saux what?

....get it? saux? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I hate Billy Hamilton (I think thats his name, ex-NI manager) as a commentator. I'm going to tape the Shels match tonight and see how many times he says "super", "fabulous", "great" etc... He's absolutely woeful.
    Bryan.

The most God awful commentator.

"Sityayshun"

He was an advisor to the FAI when they were picking Kerr or McCarthy as manager, I can't remember which.

As fro Dream team host/commentator package.

Host : Lynham

Main Commentator : yeah, Alan Greene
    Co-commentator : Big Ron

Pundit #1 : Eamo
    Pundit #2 : Hansen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Fantasy tv thing;

Tyler commentating, Alan Green commentating sometimes (just not when either ManU or Pool are playing cause hes far too biased against manu and for pool)

Jeff Stelling presenting and giving pundatry opinions as well.Legend of a man!

Additional pundits (as if Stelling cant do everything by himself);
    Dunphy,
    Gray,
    Hanson.
    Toshack (but only allowed to speak a tiny bit so as not to send everyone off to sleep, but the guy often makes a lot of sense when he talks about strategy and tactics.)

Can anyone remember the name of the player Packie Bonner made a complete dogs dinner of pronouncing last week on TV3 CL? I think he must have fluffed it about 5 times in a row before getting it right. It was hilarious to watch! :D

Pigman II wrote:
    Can anyone remember the name of the player Packie Bonner made a complete dogs dinner of pronouncing last week on TV3 CL? I think he must have fluffed it about 5 times in a row before getting it right. It was hilarious to watch! :D

Best was that spanner Pleat on ITV who couldn't pronounce anyones name but after 3 failed attempts at Camoranesi everytime he got the ball he just said nothing....was funny at one stage other commentator said something like he was looking for his opinion......30 secs of silence and then goes off talking about something else:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Pigman II wrote:
    It was a player that was missing for the game that they showed after the Arsenal match. Can't remember the name.

It was hilarious though. He tried to say it a few times and rather than laughing it off, he just stared all psycho into the camera until he got it right. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Le Saux was ok on MOTD2

never good on anything else. no real loss

Motson and Gray, worst commentators on tv right now (and that includes Jim Beglin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

el rabitos wrote:
    Saux what?

Can't believe it took that long for someone to say it :p

Not a big miss really.
    "He sort of hits it hard, with his sort of..foot...sort of." Seriously, how many times can you fit the words 'sort of' into one sentence?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Host : Packie!

Commentator : John Motson!

Pundits :

Niall Quinn!
    Jamie Redknapp!
    John Toshack!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

whos that obese guy that does the hosting on setanta now? the guy in the waistcoat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Host: Bill

Pundits
    - Eamo
    - Roy Keane
    - Mick McCarthy

now you could really expect some fireworks at half time

Mick needs some more support in there to be honest :) but Beglin or Giles in there with him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Pundits :

Niall Quinn!
    Jamie Redknapp!
    John Toshack!
    Good Lord No! :(
    That is blander than...I don't know, something really bland.

Still can't believe no one laughed at my boy named saux remark. :(

el rabitos wrote:
    whos that obese guy that does the hosting on setanta now? the guy in the waistcoat

Are you talking about Pat Dolan?
    fade2black wrote:

Wouldn't worry about it. Somehow I don't think Johnny Cash is as big as he should be on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

fade2black wrote:
    haha

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Pundits :

Niall Quinn!
    Jamie Redknapp!
    John Toshack!
    :mad:

Sarge wrote:
    Totally off topic , but jamie redknapp has come on a long long way in my view on sky yesterday i thought he was really good.

Yeah if you mean by coming a long way you mean he sits on the fence and never says anything to upset anyone then yes hes great.

Hes as useless as Quinner, just yes men to that twat Keys.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

The Dream Team:

Host : Rob McCaffrey (goals on sunday lad) or Potato head - Lineker

Commentator : Andy Gray & Martin Tiler (when I hear them commentating they remind me of being in a pub....pissed:)

Pitchside Reporter: Chris Kamara

Pundits :
    Eamo
    Lawro
    Jamie Redknapp
    Hanson

The Sleeping Beauties:

Host : Packie (the psycho stare was great, I nearly **** myself)

Commentator : Frankie Stapleton (Bleedin this, bleedin that. Would you look at him - he is bleedin brutal). Kevin Moran (ahh, ahhhh, ahhhhh, oh yeah ahhh)

Pundits :
    Toshask (more zzzzzzzzzz)
    Gerry Francis (if he was my player i would bring him in the dressing room and kick the living ****e of him aaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhh)
    Trevor Francis (zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, boring)
    Mick McCarthy (zzzzzzzzzzzz)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

MBC wrote:

balls to that,let him do everything the guys a legend:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

el rabitos wrote:
    Saux what?

Saux long, Graeme!

NoelRock wrote:
    Saux long, Graeme!

Saux to be you Graeme!

(sorry! used to think that was how it was pronounced.:) Saw it written down somewhere long before I ever heard someone say it.)

county wrote:
    MBC wrote:

balls to that,let him do everything the guys a legend:D

The guy is an idiot more like !

His Euro 04 awards were a joke, Team of the Tournament, ENGLAND !, Flops France (They beat England !) and wait for it....... fans of the tournament - England , fUUk off Chris, they booed the sh*t out of everyone elses anthem, they're scum generally.

He hasn't a clue, sh*te player, even worse commentator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

BolBill wrote:
    county wrote:

The guy is an idiot more like !

His Euro 04 awards were a joke, Team of the Tournament, ENGLAND !, Flops France (They beat England !) and wait for it....... fans of the tournament - England , fUUk off Chris, they booed the sh*t out of everyone elses anthem, they're scum generally.

He hasn't a clue, sh*te player, even worse commentator.

please calm down i could get annoyed at your little outburst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Host
    Des lynham

Commentry
    Andy Gray and Martin Tiler

Pundits
    Alan Hanson
    Eamon Dunphy
    Jamie Rednapp
    Ian wright

I had to include Ian wright in there makes me laugh so much when he is on , and the people around him are always in knots laughing at him.

besty wrote:
    Good Lord No! :(
    That is blander than...I don't know, something really bland.

you're right, i should have had George Hamilton or Jimmy McGee instead of Motson :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Anyone ever see Tony Adams punditing? He always seems to have a deer in headlights look when he gets asked a question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

It's fairly amusing alright. So remember kids - alcoholism's effects are lasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Presenter would be james richardson(think thath is name). Hes alright on live tv, but hes much better on hour long show.

Main commentator: Main lad who does spainish football.
    Other commentator: Gerry armstrong

Studio pundits: hanson and giles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Speaking of this sort of thing, does anyone else think that guy who hosts all the Prem Plus games is a bit, erm, effeminate to be hosting soccer? Just always seems kinda weird and wrong when watching it cause, based on his questions, he really doesn't seem to actually know anything about football either, always just the same bland questions that would fit into any match. Anyone else think this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement